Case of beer and 3 lb of steak left behind

Original Post
closed · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

I left behind a lot of beer and red meat at the supermarket because i'm trying to lose weight so i can climb harder. diet time!

Magpie79 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 0

Leave the sugar and simple carbs behind. The meat is good, and it tastes great! (If your diet tastes like crap, will you really stick with it?)

Thegillest · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 60
Mitchelle Kelly wrote:I left behind a lot of beer and red meat at the supermarket because i'm trying to lose weight so i can climb harder. diet time!
I wouldn't worry too much. Gym climbers don't need red meat...
Dan Cooksey · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365

This was anti-climactic. I thought you were going to give an awesome story about how you came across some beer and Steak abandoned in the woods. ....

Benjamin Chapman · · Small Town, USA · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 13,267

No more SUGAR, Soft Drinks, white rice, bread, and dairy products. I lost 19# in 5 weeks. The result will be felt around your middle and in your climbing. Be strong, lose the sugar and simple carbs.

Jon Hartmann · · Ojai, CA · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,305

Yeah, I did the no sugar/ simple carbs things for 8 months. All the stored fat dropped off my body incredible quickly, my climbing became more focused, like very noticeably more focused and I generally felt better. Why didn't I continue it? ....I really love cake... and you have to basically not eat anything pre-prepared ever. Which means I had to cook ALL my food, ALL the time. I got lazy...but I'll always remember that period of my life as when I felt the most healthy.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply