Opinions on climbing harness

Original Post
Blakevan · May 20, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0
Recently started to trad and my BD harness doesn't do well for gear loops. Looking for people's opinion for a harness that has good gear loops and over all light weight.

I have looked at the BD Big Gun but open to other brands. Don't mind spending a little but not looking to break the bank..say $130 - $150.

Thanks

FrankPS · May 20, 2016 · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 15
Not that this subject has been discussed before, but...

Misty Mountain Cadillac

http://mistymountain.com/recreational-gear/recreational-harnesses/cadillac-harness.html

Blakevan · May 20, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0
I figured there were a lot of threads but quickly looked back a few pages and didn't see anything recently. If I searched I would hit 100s of pages so thought I would give everyone a chance to speak up again. :)

That does look like what I'm looking for.

Alex May · May 20, 2016 · San Diego, CA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5
I'll second the Misty Mountain Cadillac, but I'd recommend the Quick Adjust version for the two piece buckles. I also added an extra belay loop to mine for the flexibility. When you don't want to use it, they nest together nicely and appear as one belay loop. This delayed my shipment from them for a while though. I think it was about 6-8 weeks between my order date and the time I received the harness. Worth it.

http://mistymountain.com/recreational-gear/recreational-harnesses/cadillac-quick-adjust.html

Thaddeus VanDenBerghe · May 20, 2016 · Salt Lake Sizzle, Utah · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 25
libertymountain.com/product...

Singing Rock has been doing good things lately. Picture doesn't show it, and it isn't mentioned in the description, but this harness does come equiped with two belay loops

JRZane · May 20, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0
My buddy owns an upholstering company. Had him sew these guys on. Love em.

Gear loops added to BD Momentum

that guy named seb · May 21, 2016 · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0
DMM renegade, better than some misty mountain shite..

Ted Pinson · May 21, 2016 · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 40
Oh, quiet you.

Get a Misty. They live up to the hype and have 6 gear loops.

that guy named seb · May 21, 2016 · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0
Ted Pinson wrote:Oh, quiet you. Get a Misty. They live up to the hype and have 6 gear loops.
Why would anyone want such a bulky harness? Do you really need to be able to hang in your harness for hours on end?

Ted Pinson · May 21, 2016 · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 40
The Cadillac isn't bulky at all, and the extra padding definitely comes in handy. Had to belay 2 seconds up the other day from a hanging belay...was very happy to have a misty on.

Sam Stephens · May 24, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 740
Misty Mountain Cadillac or Turbo. End of thread

Blakevan · May 24, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0
Looks like a have an answer, thanks!

Alexander K · May 24, 2016 · The road · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 15
You can put Backcountry's 20% off coupon towards a misty mountain to help with the price

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply