Need Crash Pads in Yosemite

Original Post
Charlie Schreiber · May 5, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0
I am traveling to my dream crag, Yosemite Valley, for some bouldering with my Girlfriend in a few weeks. We are landing in San Fransisco on May 14th and will be leaving for Yosemite on the 19th and will climb until the 23rd.

Resources are tight and it would cost us too much $ to bring my rinky-dink pads on the plane. I was wondering if there is anyone who lives close to the Valley and some of the main bouldering areas that could either rent their pads to us, or would want to come bouldering with us.

I climb in the V11/12 range (but am looking to get on any and all grade classics), and my girlfriend climbs in the V2 range and is also looking to get on any and all classics (she is a bit shy on highballs, so mostly low stuff for her.)

The more pads the merrier! Please respond here or email me @ charlie.schreiber46@gmail.com !

Thank you so much!!!! Happy Climbing!

Danny Herrera · May 5, 2016 · San Bruno, California · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 180
veighteen.com/

might be worth it

patdeli · May 6, 2016 · merced, CA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0
REI has the metolius sessions crash pad for $150 and if your not "satisfied" you can return it. Or hey a better idea would be to sell it at a discounted price to someone in Yosemite. Buy it for 150 sell it for 100 or so. Probably your best bet. Or even buy offline backcountry.com will ship it for free and they've got more to choose from. Just need an address to ship to.

Ned · May 9, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0
I have two pads you can probably borrow (old Franklin Dropzone with fresh foam, and a standard Metolius), as long as you can pick them up / drop them off at my place in SF. Send me a PM if you're still looking.

Dmitriy Litvak · May 10, 2016 · Pacifica, CA · Joined May 2007 · Points: 25
I have a large pad too.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply