Mountain Project Logo

R.I.P. Sage Hartmann

Original Post
Jon Hartmann · · Ojai, CA · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,320

For everyone who knew and loved my fuzzy boy Sage. He passed away today on April 26 2016 at 12:30pm. He was a wonderful companion of mine for 13 3/4 years. He was by my side when I lived in a trailer, when I was living in the Los Padres campgrounds and when I lived in my car. I've taken him everywhere I went and we climbed many hills and swam in many lakes together. He was my best friend and I pray that he's running in the grass and chasing deer like he always loved. I miss you Sage.

My fuzzy son, Sage
dylan grabowski · · Oakland · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 55

Sorry to hear about your buddy. RIP Sage

Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 310

Sounds like you gave him a great life and he returned the favor.

RIP Sage.

aikibujin · · Castle Rock, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 294

I'm sorry for your loss. I have a malamute I try to bring everywhere with me, so I can understand your pain. It sounds like Sage had a happy and fulfilling life, you should take comfort in knowing you gave him the best life a dog can have.

Jack V · · Reno, NV · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 10

Sorry to hear this, my condolences. May his next journey be even greater than the last.

"Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself." - Robin Williams

RyanJames · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 505

Sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. They are absolutely family members that we love and cherish.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

Painful, I know. Have you given thought to a new companion?

Michael Schneider · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 770

Three cheers and Berghiel to sage
He was a wonderful companion for 13 3/4 years!!

that is a fabulous long life and Know that your love for him, and him for you will never end.

Your care and love shine out from his eyes ZAP, man, I feel ya,

Hope you are well as can be,

RESPECT!

Alex Bury · · Ojai, CA · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 1,948

I'm so sorry for your loss Jon. A huge loss for you, my friend.
Sage was a great dog. As good as they come. I have lots of great memories of him running around amidst our climbing shenanigans. He's up on the big mountain now, chasing squirrels as he loved to do.

SinRopa · · parts unknown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 50
Jon Hartmann · · Ojai, CA · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,320

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate everyone coming together to morn the loss. Dogs are the absolute best. I only wish they could live as long as we do. It's going to be weird coming home to an empty house from now on. He really was my best friend. RIP

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply