Mountain Project Logo

Looking for climbing partner(s) near Boulder on 4/23

Original Post
maggalaggadingdong · · Milwaukee, WI · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

My partner and I will be in the Boulder area for the weekend and we would love to get out and climb. We're pretty new to the sport, I haven't climbed outside without someone who knew what they were doing (and even that was a few years ago), and he's never climbed outside. At the gym we climb 5.8-5.10 and V1-3 range, but I know that grades vary by gym, so I'm not sure how that translates. Neither of us has lead climbed before, but we can both top rope belay.

We're thinking of trying the Flatirons or maybe Eldorado Canyon.

Since we're from out of town and pretty new, we won't have much gear, but we can offer beer/Clif bars/maybe dinner or something? Plus we're generally nice and fun to be around!

I'd really hate to be in Boulder and not get a chance to climb there!

J. Broussard · · CordryCorner · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 50

Boulder Canyon is a great place for beginning to lead 5.8. Most routes are over bolted and there are 3 and 4 star gems all over the canyon.

I love taking new people climbing, but two gumbies at once sounds more like a charity project :-)

Good luck.. and don't forget... yer gonna die!!

Yeah, I know. We're going to take a lead class and an anchor building class this year, but we won't be able to take them before this particular trip, so we're just hoping to find someone feeling charitable. Or hungry. =p

J. Broussard · · CordryCorner · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 50

In case you can't find someone through this site. Here's another option:
coloradomountainschool.com/…

Bapgar 1 · · Out of the Loop · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 90

+1 for CMS, especially if y'all are psyched on experiencing Eldo.

From what I've seen online it'll cost $300+ for us to use CMS and CMS appears to require a 30% deposit put down 30 days prior to the trip. So it seems to be too late to go and it's way out of our price range.

We'll probably just end up renting a bouldering crash pad from somewhere and doing that. Maybe at some future point we can come back for a dedicated climbing trip with a higher budget.

nicene · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

I came to mountainproject with the same intention. I'll be in the denver area next week for a conference and i was hoping to do some bouldering at the end of next week. I'm an indoor climber only, but I've been wanting to get into outdoor stuff as long as I have someone to spot me. I was planning on renting some pads from REI or Neptune Mountaineering.

I was more interested in hitting up some of the stuff in Flagstaff Mtn., but I'm up for whatever as long as I get to take advantage of some of what Colorado has to offer.

Andrew . · · Littleton, CO · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 21

PM sent

Rocko · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 5

I could be 'hungry' that weekend. :) PM me back.

Kirsten KDog · · Edgewater, CO · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 80

You should check out Denver Mtn Guiding - Kevin & Laura are great!

denvermountainguiding.com/H…

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Looking for climbing partner(s) near Boulder on…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started