left shoes at 3 o'clock rock 4/2

Original Post
Kyle Elliott · · Everett, WA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 375

I was climbing in darrington Saturday with a friend, and I left my almost new tc pro's at the base of big tree route. I am super bummed.

Nick Drake · · Newcastle, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 478

If I head out there next week I will look for them, but by that time I expect some animal will have stolen them. How dry was the rock?

Ashort · · Tacoma, WA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 35

Yes, conditions report please!

The rock was ready to climb. A little snow at the base but everything was nice and dry with the exception of the first 20 feet of big tree . the approach is n good shape, and the road wasn't too bad either. There is one spot where it looks a little sketchy for a car, yet there were two sedans at the trailhead. I ran into Mr.Perkins as well and he's working on adding pitches to some of the South buttress routes.

Thanks for the info.

I'll keep an eye out for your shoes if I make it up there this weekend.

Matt Christian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 0

Just pm'd you Kyle

I'm hoping for some dry rock up there sunday.

Shoes have been found, and I have them. Thanks Matt!!

Sean Maher · · Santa Barbara, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 1,260

Did Dreamer this Saturday- approach gully is full of snow but rock is dry. Watch for collapsing blocks of snow cascading down the approach slabs and into the upper gully area. Lots of trees on the road so we had to park maybe half mile beyond the squire creek trailhead, making the approach 4ish miles.

Did total soul yesterday. Most of P1 still snow covered. There were a few wet spots, with only one or two that could not be avoided.

JCM · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 95

Anyone been up the Squire Creek Valley yet this year? Interested in Illusion Wall conditions.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply