Gunks card

Original Post
Mark lewin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Are cards required to climb at the gunks? Just coming in for the day. I belong to the AAC. Or is there a daily donation?

christopher adams · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 0

You'll need a day pass or an annual card. I'm not sure what they cost, because it's been years since i've bought a day pass and I haven't bought this season's annual pass yet. You can find more information on the Mohonk Preserve website though.

Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Annual pass is $97 I think. Climbing day pass is $17.

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 1,865

Peterskill is $10/day/person if you're just looking to TR.

Happiegrrrl · · Gunks · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 0

I don't know if Peterskill's open for climbing yet this year. Just tried to call the office but the line is busy.... (845) 255 0752

Happiegrrrl wrote:I don't know if Peterskill's open for climbing yet this year. Just tried to call the office but the line is busy.... (845) 255 0752
They've been open since March 8.
rgold · · Poughkeepsie, NY · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 40

Preserve Fees:

$17/day for climbers mohonkpreserve.org/hours-an...

$95/year for climbing membership mohonkpreserve.org/join

Peterskill Fees:

$10/day and $90/year for climbers nysparks.com/parks/127/deta... click "Fees and Rates"

Ok thanks folks. Sorry if this was posted on the website. I could only find the yearly membership info.

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0
rgold wrote:Preserve Fees: $17/day for climbers mohonkpreserve.org/hours-an... $95/year for climbing membership Peterskill Fees: $10/day and $90/year for climbers
Kinda interesting that with seeming regularity people will bitch on Mountain Project about the Preserve fees yet there's nary a peep about the similar Peterskill fees.
Marc801 wrote: Kinda interesting that with seeming regularity people will bitch on Mountain Project about the Preserve fees yet there's nary a peep about the similar Peterskill fees.
Preserve and PK fees are only similar at the annual pass level, and, frankly, it's generally not the locals (who are the bulk of the pass-buyers, esp. at PK) who are bitching about the fees. It's the couple-weekends-a-year folks who live 5 hours away who chafe at the $17/day fee. And these folks don't seem to go to Peterskill, presumably because it's not "The GUNKS" they crave (multipitch, famous routes etc). Which is just fine - you don't hear the weekend crowd complaining about the crowds at PK like they do at the Trapps.

Frankly as long as the $$$ goes back into the area to preserve it than there should be no discussion. Id rather pay for a day outside than a day inside no matter where it is (ok maybe some places I'd skip).

eric larson · · aurora, co · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 10

Back when I climbed there regularly (8 years ago), they also had a student discount - highschool, college, graduate school, etc. So check in to that if it's applicable to you.

iirc, it knocked about 20 bucks off annual pass

Happiegrrrl · · Gunks · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 0

There is still a student discount on annual membership. Show your school ID when submitting the form. It is $10 off.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply