Index finger sore at knuckle in hand

Original Post
JamisonKnowlton · Mar 17, 2016 · Gloucester, MA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 75
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, I've tried searching but with no luck. I was climbing over 5 weeks ago and was on my last route of the day with some crimpy side pulls but didn't notice any pain. It wasn't until a day or two later I noticed my knuckle on my index finger where my finger meets my knuckle was super sore. Any sort of pinching or twisting motion made it hurt. I was wondering if anyone might know what this is and a possible treatment before I go to the doctors, I hate doctors. I rested it for over two weeks and it seemed to feel better but now climbing again it seems to be lingering.

Quinn Baker · Mar 17, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0
JamisonKnowlton wrote:Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, I've tried searching but with no luck. I was climbing over 5 weeks ago and was on my last route of the day with some crimpy side pulls but didn't notice any pain. It wasn't until a day or two later I noticed my knuckle on my index finger where my finger meets my knuckle was super sore. Any sort of pinching or twisting motion made it hurt. I was wondering if anyone might know what this is and a possible treatment before I go to the doctors, I hate doctors. I rested it for over two weeks and it seemed to feel better but now climbing again it seems to be lingering.
Could be a pulley tendon injury, as for treatment, I would really just recommend seeing what a doctor says. Tendons do not heal nearly as fast as muscles/skin.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply