Camalot Repair Suggestions

Original Post
Jplotz · Mar 13, 2016 · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 485
The trigger on this #1 camalot is blown out obviously. I used a small zip tie to keep it in place but that was kind of bulky.

What would you do/use to make the engage the wire and plastic trigger again other than a zip tie. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks!

Broke camalot

Broke Camalot

FrankPS · Mar 13, 2016 · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 15
Send it to Black Diamond for repair?

andrew thomas · Mar 13, 2016 · Orcas island · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 10
FrankPS wrote:Send it to Black Diamond for repair?
bd won't repair that

Jim Fox · Mar 13, 2016 · Westminster, CO · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 10
I used to use Wired Bliss but I guess they are no more. Their Facebook site suggests the company below but I have no experience or knowledge of this company

http://runoutcustoms.com/Cam_Repair_Resling.html

Firestone · Mar 13, 2016 · Mountain View · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 446
Bend a paperclip into a rectangle so it can be hidden under the trigger. You could get both wires attached and prevent the other one from failing.

Evan Deis wrote:How did you do that?
I bootied it in this condition.

20 kN · Mar 13, 2016 · Hawaii · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,123
Jplotz wrote:The trigger on this #1 camalot is blown out obviously. I used a small zip tie to keep it in place but that was kind of bulky. What would you do/use to make the engage the wire and plastic trigger again other than a zip tie. Just looking for ideas. Thanks!
You could weld it.

I realized I was putting too much thought into this. It's on my "B" rack anyways. Behold! Frankencam!

Repair job...

And if anyone is wondering, .050 gage weed whacker wire fits perfectly into the trigger wire holes of mastercams and camalots.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply