Place to crash in our van/rv near Yosemite in June

Original Post
Wendy Williams · Mar 7, 2016 · Boyce, VA · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0
So we three foolishly delayed getting a reservation for a campground in Yosemite for the middle of Jun, 2016. Does anyone know someone who would let us crash in our 21' van/rv in their driveway near Yosemite for a couple weeks? Happy to compensate for expenses accrued due to our stay. Would love to have another person to play with, too.

Guy Keesee · Mar 9, 2016 · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 105
Good luck with camping close to the Valley.... it's not EZ.

But your in luck... drive a bit south on 41... go and find some of the best climbing ever, camp wherever you wish.

And this will be going on:

supertopo.com/climbers-foru...

And this is for a good cause.

EDIT: The good cause is for the ASCA.... we do an auction for tons of great stuff... and All Are Welcome, Shuteye is a huge place with most of the gems hidden in the forest, down in hidden ravines and on the sides of big cliffs. Many locals go to the event... they acted as guides last year, helped me find a hidden spot that I looked for in the past.

phylp · Mar 9, 2016 · Upland · Joined May 2015 · Points: 115
Check out the Indian Flat RV campground in El Portal. You will have to drive in and out of the park but unlike the Forest Service Campgrounds, Indian Flat has water and electric.

Jan Tarculas · Mar 9, 2016 · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 488
Go to Tuolumne meadows, go early and they usually have spots for the 1st come 1st serve sites. I've never booked a campsite for Yosemite in the past 4 years I've been going. I either show up by 630am at Camp 4 in the Valley or just head up to Tuolumne Meadows or the campsites inbetween

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply