Mountain Project Logo

Climbing partners for City of Rocks - June/July 2016

Original Post
Daniela Herzog · · City of rocks · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Hey
I'm a 28 year old Swiss girl and I'm going to spend my summer vacation in US and Canada for climbing. After the first month, which I travel by myself, some friends will join me in July and August for Squamish. Now I am thinking about climbing in City of rocks the first month. I would like to do some Trad as well as Sport climbing in City of rocks from June 18th til July 10th.

I have not so much experience in trad, but am very motivated to learn it. Here in Switzerland I currently lead sportsclimbing around 5.9/5.10a. But I am also very psyched to get started in crack climbing.

Let me know if you are interested. I'm also flexible with the dates!
Cheers
Daniela

alpinerocket Pettijohn · · Salt Lake, Ut · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 60

You will do fine with sport climbing in the City. Lots of sport routes in up to 5.10. You shouldn't have a problem finding partners. It will get hot there end of June. Get a camp site with shade. Ill be up there off and on through out the summer for a day or two.

Good luck, John

Daniela Herzog · · City of rocks · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Hei alpinerocket, thanks for your tips. Maybe we can meet for a day. Let me know when you have time and you are psyched. I will be there for sure from 20 June til 4 July.
Cheers
Daniela

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply