Mountain Project Logo

200+ Feet Cliff Jumping Location

Original Post
PeterCallot · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Hello!

I need your help to find a location where cliff jumping from 200+ feet is possible. I will not be jumping myself or anyone else for that matter, its for a research paper. Preferably the location should be in fresh water (lake, ponds, etc) and not the ocean. Also its even better if the location is in a "tropical" place (California, Arizona, Hawaii, South America, Africa, etc), anywhere hot!

I am able to find location between 120-180 feet easily, but nothing above 200+ feet.

Thank you for your help!

Brendan N · · Salt Lake City, Utah · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 405

Lake Powell.

Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480

Copper Canyon.

It took like less time to google 200 ft cliff dive than to write this reply.

Paul Hutton · · Nephi, UT · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 740

There's a world record for highest cliff jump. Alongside some waterfall. I think GoPro has the footage.

andrew thomas · · Orcas island · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 105

california's tropical? lol

Don Ferris III · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 186

You could find some 200 footers in Hawaii for sure.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Would you survive a 200 foot dive into water? Why are you "researching" this?

redbull.com/us/en/adventure… (just because this guy survived doesn't mean others would)

M Sprague · · New England · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 5,090

Peter, you are not thinking of three two oneing are you? It would seem like a pretty bad decision, no chance to have that next good experience. If you think about it, being miserable is pretty interesting compared to nothing, especially if you just observe feelings and don't insist on judging them. And if you are listening to that song alluded to in your email address, turn it off. It is enough to creep anybody out.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
M Sprague wrote:Peter, you are not thinking of three two oneing are you? It would seem like a pretty bad decision, no chance to have that next good experience. If you think about it, being miserable is pretty interesting compared to nothing, especially if you just observe feelings and don't insist on judging them. And if you are listening to that song alluded to in your email address, turn it off. It is enough to creep anybody out.
Well-said, M. Sprague. I've heard it described as a "permanent solution to a temporary problem."
Jon H · · PC, UT · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 118

"A very permanent physical solution to a very temporary psychological problem."

Max Supertramp · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 95
PeterCallot · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0
M Sprague wrote:Peter, you are not thinking of three two oneing are you? It would seem like a pretty bad decision, no chance to have that next good experience. If you think about it, being miserable is pretty interesting compared to nothing, especially if you just observe feelings and don't insist on judging them. And if you are listening to that song alluded to in your email address, turn it off. It is enough to creep anybody out.
Not sure what you are talking about it here.

Thank for everyone who shared a location with a 200+ feet cliff jump.

More locations are welcome!
M Sprague · · New England · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 5,090

You don't think asking for jumping sites with suicidal heights for "research" with no further explanation is a bit odd, and combined with a sign up email address of ontheotherside654... should lead to concerns about your state of mind? Further explanation of this research may alleviate that.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Other Sports
Post a Reply to "200+ Feet Cliff Jumping Location"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.