Lost nomic on great white ice sickle in little cottonwood, slc, Utah

Original Post
DHSLC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

I had a big section of the great white ice sickle collapse on me last night and I lost my nomic ice tool and had to leave a 13cm bd screw as I bailed / self rescue. Hopefully someone will find the tool / screw. Please text. DH. 8015502521. Thx

Brian in SLC · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Oct 2003 · Points: 13,762
DHSLC wrote:I had a big section of the great white ice sickle collapse on me last night and I lost my nomic ice tool and had to leave a 13cm bd screw as I bailed / self rescue. Hopefully someone will find the tool / screw. Please text. DH. 8015502521. Thx
Which pitch/section of the GWI collapsed?

You might cross post this in the Utah/Idaho forum under the ice conditions thread.

Hope you get your gear back.
Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
DHSLC wrote:I had a big section of the great white ice sickle collapse on me last night and I lost my nomic ice tool and had to leave a 13cm bd screw as I bailed / self rescue. Hopefully someone will find the tool / screw. Please text. DH. 8015502521. Thx
Icicle.
DHSLC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

The part that collapsed was on the last pitch. About 1/2 way up.
I'll look at the other site. I've never been on it. Thanks.

Brian in SLC · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Oct 2003 · Points: 13,762

This website, different forum:

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/utah---201516-ice-season-/111222700__14

David Morison · · salt lake city, UT · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 70

Hey DHSLC I found your ice tool. Does the last pitch usually zig left then right? today that area was just running water and moss. If your nearby I have your tool in the trunk of my car. I'm working at the beans and brews in the same strip mall as millcreek momentum

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply