Mountain Project Logo

Smallest biner

Theriault · · Quebec, Quebec · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 313

Good call but the point here was to be able to use the spike, also, the handles fall a part at the pinky rest quite often ( 4 handles in two years for me ) and im pretty sure this will void the warrenty

Luc-514 · · Montreal, Quebec · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 8,989

I've used 5/64 coated stainless Aircraft cable with a swage, stays open to clip, pretty strong if swaged properly.

shoo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 75
Theriault wrote:Good call but the point here was to be able to use the spike, also, the handles fall a part at the pinky rest quite often ( 4 handles in two years for me ) and im pretty sure this will void the warrenty
Are you holding your tools the right way up?

Jon H wrote:Damn that's slick! I know what I'm doing this weekend.
Not climbing because conditions are terrible? ME TOO!!

Are you holding your tools the right way up?

??

shoo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 75
Theriault wrote: Are you holding your tools the right way up? ??
It strikes me that the only way I could break the pinky rest multiple times is if I was holding the tool by the pick, and bashing the handle end it as hard as I possibly could into the ice.
shoo wrote: It strikes me that the only way I could break the pinky rest multiple times is if I was holding the tool by the pick, and bashing the handle end it as hard as I possibly could into the ice.
look at your tools when you swing them on the ice, at the end of the swing, the second ting that makes contact with the ice after the blade is usually the bottom of the handle or the secondary handle ( especially when going over bulges or climbing steep cauliflower ice in hard brittle Canadian ice haha ) that being said, its the plastic and not the metal part that takes the hit, after some use, the plastic peals off the metal bar towards to shaft... like I said it has happen to me 4 times already, but I do climb a LOT of ice... check your tools they might already be peeling off, its hard to notice at first .

handle
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply