Need Help, my huge feet need mountineering boots

Original Post
drewdogg2112 · · halifax, MA · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 15

So I am stuck on mountaineering boots to get. My feet are large. Size 15. I wanted to get Sportiva Nepal Cubs but they only go up to 48 and really I feel like I need 48.5 cuz my big toe is hitting the front when I try walking down a steep ramp or when I kick toe into ground. I tried on Some 48.5 Sportiva Baruntse and they fit perfect but I was hoping to not have to go with a boot that weighs like almost 3lbs each.

Any big guys out there that have a large foot problem? Any recommendations for a boot. Also Ive only tried Sportivas. Does anyone know if Scarpa Mont Blancs or phantom guides run about the same for sizing? I know sometimes a 48 in one company can be totally different than a 48 in a diff company.

The Nepal cubes feel really good in 48 and they don't jam my toe when I kick straight ahead into steps. Only if I kick my toe into ground (which I know you never actually do on ice)but im just nervous that after a long day, on a long decent, or if im front point kicking a lot, ill end up crushing my big toe nails.

Thanks in advance for any help/ advise

Brandonian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 25

new La Sportiva G2 SMs up to size 50 and 2+LBSish rated above the spantik but weight of the Batura have fun!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply