BD offset micro stoppers

Original Post
Scottmx426 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

I'm thinking about picking up a set of these. Can anyone share their experience with them? And do their sizing correspond to the stopper sizes. Eg #3 micro is same size (yet narrower and tapered) as the #3 stopper? Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Kevin Mokracek · · Burbank · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 50

They work ok but I find the HB offsets work better. I have many of both and always reach for HB's first.

I've never owned micros but have read the HB and DMMs are the best. Is it the angled of offset or the sizing that doesn't work?

· · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 1970 · Points: 0

yep. DMM peanuts and their newer offset nuts made from the old HB molds are incredible.

Toby Wehler · · Chicago, IL · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 963

Not sure where you were looking to get them, but they recently dropped in price on REI's site:
http://www.rei.com/product/889770/black-diamond-offset-micro-stopper

Jfriday1 · · Conifer, CO · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 0

dmm peanuts and brass is what you want.

I have a set of peanuts and yes I was looking at the REI deal ($8.76) so wonder about the sizing compared to the peanuts. I have the smallest peanuts so what sizes are smaller than those. And is it the the taper that makes them not as good as DMM? Thanks everyone.

· · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 1970 · Points: 0

to my knowledge the small set of peanuts are the same sizing as the dmm offsets, the offsets are just tapered more drastically. to be honest, i have since sold my peanuts so i cannot guarantee the size comparison but i know its damn close. to go and smaller than the peanuts i had to buy the BD rp's.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply