Weekend ice near Seattle

Original Post
Todd Anderson · Oct 20, 2015 · Seattle, WA · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 0
Does it exist? I just moved to the Seattle area, and will probably only have weekends to climb for the foreseeable future. I have the Washington Ice (Martin & Krawarik) book, and it seems like the best combination of semi-reliable conditions and proximity to Seattle is Alpental. Any other thoughts on the matter? I don't have much experience above WI3, so I'd like to start out on easier climbs if possible.

Also, if anyone wants to go climbing this winter, get at me....

Thatcher · Oct 21, 2015 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0
Don't know the scope of local ice near Seattle, and this year will probably be rough in terms of cold temps and precip. But I have been wanting to get into ice climbing. I have a background in mountaineering, steep snow, and rock climbing. I'd love to tag along with you if conditions get right for ice.

Ashort · Oct 21, 2015 · Tacoma, WA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 25
I just saw this thread on cascade climbers, which is generally a better resource for local climbing than MP:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1144069/Re_PNW_ice_in_an_el_Nino_winte#Post1144069

Todd Anderson · Oct 21, 2015 · Seattle, WA · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 0
Ashort wrote:I just saw this thread on cascade climbers, which is generally a better resource for local climbing than MP: cascadeclimbers.com/forum/u...
Thanks so much!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply