Hidden Valley

Brad Caldwell · · Deep in the Jocassee Gorges · Joined May 2010 · Points: 1,285
BigCountry wrote:Alright let me observe guideline #1. Thanks Tom for your input. When things are built on short notice they do tend to be more expensive. Brian I haven't dealt with the VA DOT. Have I been involved in some contruction? Well you could say a little. Ok, the CCC is the only reason I can climb in NC? Are you completely unaware or just that happy to be a member of the organization? I have tried to volunteer myself at HV but get this, I'm not a CCC member so I'm pretty well not considered able or with mental fortitude or maybe both. If you really believe climbing in NC exists at the behest of the CCC then, "Baaaah".
Get your head out of your ass and stop making yourself look like a clueless putz to the entire climbing community!!!
Dave T · · Charlotte · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 0

Just wanted to say, I don't know of another climbers group that could have stepped in and gotten that parking lot built as quick as the CCC. It may be infuriating that it needed to be built in the first place, but that's a different topic and not the fault of the CCC. And 20k that's a drop in the bucket compared to the suggested price of the Rumbling Bald parking lot expansion. Point is: the CCC crew and Brian did a great job keeping everyone informed and got the job done super fast with little if any disruption to the climbing area. I don't see any reason for criticism whatsoever. I, for one, really appreciate the work you guys do.

Now, if we could only find a solution to Ghost Town access maybe the Rumbling Bald parking lot wouldn't fill up by 8am. But that's a different topic too

BigCountry · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2012 · Points: 20

Well I guess I like the smell of my ass more than someone else's. As for my reputation amongst the climbing community well there's a list of offenses. I didn't make it to HV for trail day. If I'm doing trail work it's usually close by my backyard living on gingercake road. As for my character that's a list as well. Brash,offensive,opinionated all come to mind. I've never had hardware fail because of it. But still if you're at any of my common stomping grounds, lots of which aren't on MP, and there's a guy named Evan there don't hesitate to ask for beta, help getting gear back, or cuss me for the things I've said.

n00b · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 40
BigCountry wrote:But still if you're at any of my common stomping grounds, lots of which aren't on MP,
So it's cool for you to keep your secret crags off MP, so that only you know where they are, but when the CCC BUYS AN ENTIRE CRAG, builds a new parking lot, and opens it up to EVERYONE, but isn't keen on an MP page (yet), that makes them selfish?
Taylor Harmon · · Hickory, NC · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

I hate to get way off topic on this on, but does anyone want to meet up at HV one this coming weekend (3/26-27) to do some sport climbing?

I got to flip through the guide book last week and the area looks great! I would want to climb in the 5.10-12 range, and since it'd be my first day there i'd be lookin to stay on the 5 star routes. Call me Picky....

Shoot me a PM if interested. I can plan for either day, weather looks good, and willing to carpool if you are coming from the Piedmont area.

Bryan H · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

I made a guide book over 20 years ago..lol..I just now starting to get back into climbing..if anyone needs a partner then holler at me

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply