Mountain Project Logo

Gunks partner - anytime until it gets too cold to climb!

Original Post
ASALERNO Salerno · · Queens, NY · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 25

I am looking for a partner(s) for Gunks trips. I can go weekends or during the week, day trips or overnights.

I climb up to 5.8, comfortably, but can climb up to 5.10.

Thanks,
Andrea

ADKs

Dacks w new buddy

Sergio Peralta · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Andrea. I'm heading down to the gunks tomorrow morning. Are you down for climbing? I don't have much experience leading, so I'd prefer if you could follow.

Unfortunately I came down with a cold so I can't climb this weekend. Please keep me in time for next time.

Cheers,
Andrea

Unfortunately I came down with a cold so I can't climb this weekend. Please keep me in time for next time.

Cheers,
Andrea

Dmadison · · Jackson, Wy · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 195

Hey, I'm looking to head to the gunks this tuesday 9/30. If you're interested in climbing let me know! I'm leading around 5.7 at the moment but also don't mind following harder

cathy english · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

I hope your cold is better! i can climb at the Gunks tomorrow (10/1) 0r fri 10/3
I can second up to 5.10 (gunks 5.9); i have just started back into leading but could only lead up to 5.6 (sport 5.8) if your interested text me 4134274946 i have to pick a day off today

cathy

jdrago · · Rosendale, NY · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 20

Hi Andrea. My names Joe and I live up in New Paltz. I'm always looking for more partners because sometimes schedules just don't line up. I'm up for leading, following up to 5.10a/b. If your in the area and you don't have a partner let me know. Im up to climb anything, anytime of day. My number is 631-624-0441. Safe climbing!

brianszero · · Rogers, Ky · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 21

I am looking to also get in as much climbing before the season ends. I am planning on climbing friday10/3. So if you are interested let me know. I have been leading trad for 20 years and just looking to to some moderate routes. Some days when I feel good I lead a 5.8. Mostly looking to get some more days in at any grade. Give me a call or text. 609-828-1494

Chris Duca · · Dixfield, ME · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 2,330

Hi! I'm looking for a partner for this coming Saturday (10/5), if you're interested (or if anyone else is interested, for that matter!).

jdrago · · Rosendale, NY · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 20

Hi Chris I'm down to climb but usually weekends I can't really do for moe than a couple climbs. I'm out during the week quite a bit. If you are ever up here partnerless give me a shout or text. It takes me less than 20 minutes to get to the cliff so I'm usually good for at least one climb for the day even if I have work or something. 631-624-0441

Richard Pacifico · · New York, New York · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

im free saturdays, sometimes during the week. I have no experience outside but if someone can set up a TR i have no issue. or if someone would mentor me, i have no problem.

Sergio Peralta · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Chris. I might be down for climbing this Saturday. I need transportation, though, from NYC. Where are you coming from?

osiris Willmont · · sandy, ut · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 0

Hey chris or anyone else on here. I'm driving up that way now with some family who don't climb but I have a lot of experience and have been there before and would really like to climb this weekend anytime though sunday looks better. Don't hesitate to call or text me 603 348 7713

J Magness · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 35

I'll throw my name in the hat too. Free to climb 10/5 - 10/12. I lead up to 5.9 at the gunks but I'm happy to climb any grade. Jason 904-710-6299

Matthew Enos · · Portland, OR · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 20

Would like to do some climbing in the Gunks on Thursday (10/9), as long as the weather is decent. No experience leading but have seconded a few times, comfortable on grades up to 5.7, maybe 5.8. I have some gear if needed and can provide transportation (within reason). Feel free to PM or text me 717.314.4842 with questions or to set something up. Hoping to hear from someone as stoked to climb as I am!

Lotte Meijer · · Amsterdam · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 151

I'd love to climb before it gets too cold.
I'd be up for next weekend (11/12th of October), and have a (singles) rack, and rope.
But unfortunately no car.

Dmadison · · Jackson, Wy · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 195

I'll throw my hat in the ring for this Tuesday 10/14. Have rope, rack, and beer! Let me know If someone out there wants to get a nice full day of climbing in. My number is 203-727-3742

RoughneckNine0 · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 91

Travelling climber here!

Looking for a Partner for tomorrow - 10/15. I should be getting in a little before noon.

Down to climb anything up to mid 10's (non-gunks grade). Will NOT have a rack.

Let's send!

Ben
617-538-9264

Michael Kim · · Van Life, USA · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 351

Looking to head up 10/21
leading 7-8ish

will have rope and rack

cheers mike

G.Cerne · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 0

Looking for folks that want to climb the next couple of weeks.

Don't lead, but will follow.

Also hoping to do as much on top rope as possible, I have everything needed and somewhat familiar with climbs there. I would even like to get out on weekdays for the evenings, though the sun is growing scarce.Work nearby with a flexible schedule.

Let me know!

Brad Ward · · New Hampshire · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 200

Looking for partners Monday (11/3) and Friday (11/7) next week.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Gunks partner - anytime until it gets too cold…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started