Mountain Project Logo

Dirtbag Shangri-La: Tiny House Parking Wanted Near Laramie, WY

Original Post
Paul Pellissier · · Laramie, Wyoming · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 150

Hi All,
I'm trying to find a place in the Laramie area to park my tiny house. I am making the move from New Hampshire this summer after a trip to Yosemite. Any takers? For folks in the area, any ideas on where else I could post (local paper, newsletters, trading posts, etc)? We are ideally looking for someone with property to host us as neighbors for up to 2 years (my girlfriend is starting a MS degree at UWYO). But any length of time would be appreciated; it's been a challenge trying to coordinate this from the east coast. We don't need a lot, occasional access to a garden hose and that's about it! Willing to negotiate monthly rent payment and/or work for rent arrangement. If your interested in teh slightest or know someone who might be please check out our blog
for more details.

Thanks,
Paul

TimberFraming

The Tiny House

Interior Pic
leon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 15

Very cool idea! The tiny house is neat!
Please continue posting. I would like to see finished interior with furniture and all your things in it. Interesting how you organize it. Do you have a storage locker?
Composting toilet is cool, but will it create stink? Pictures of the toilet and where it's at in relation to your living quarters would be cool to see. What about shower?

Hi Leon,

Thanks for taking a look at the house. We are currently still in the throws of finishing up the interior, cabinetry, plumbing etc. but we will be up dating our blog regularly as things get done. As for the composting toilet... i.e. the poo bucket, it is be locate inside the tiny house and if maintained property they don't stink. I'll stay away from spicy fish curry just to error on the side of caution. Here are some pics of our lay out.

TH layout1

bathroom layout

Sweet layout! We had a composting toilet at my grandmothe's house. It was outside. I would not keep it inside the house, especially so small. The thing is indeed full of bacteria that eat poo. You don't want it where you sleep. Maybe use chemical toilet instead.

KevinCO · · Loveland, CO · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 60

Depending on what brand toilet you use, there shouldn't be any problem. The elecric ones turbocharges the whole process with a stirrer and a fan. Non electric and electric both have a large vent through the roof. They don't have to be emptied very often and the waste is essentially compost that is close to dirt (not counting the newest additions).

Awesome looking house!

I guess the technology advanced in toilet making too. It sound good.
I would stay away from Craigslist unless you are intending to meet them first to investigate the whole deal so you don't end up on a drug lord's property. RV parks are always a safe bet.

BUMP-DY BUMP BUMP

Anyone know anyone in Laramie with some land or a big yard in need of an extra couple dollars a month?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply