Mountain Project Logo

What Girls think about climbing with dudes

ViperScale . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 235

Back in the day a skinny woman was unattractive. Some cultures it is still that way, things change in society when you no longer have to worry about staying alive.

I have spent over year in different 3rd world countries and trust me people still look... it is human nature. What they find attractive does change but people looking when they see something they find attractive doesn't.

Heck if I see a classic car driving down the road I look to it doesn't have to be female.

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,470
greg t wrote:No friends were made.
Russ Keane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 145

@Ball

Do you really think it's ok for men to make lists of the female soccer players and "rank them", talk about which sexual position they would be best in, and so on and so forth. This is what men should be doing?

• spits*
garytussey · · Littleton · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 10
Dankasaurus wrote:Here we go again! Let's dig up threads from the past which have become somehow more offensive and auger in! Sooo productive, thanks Scared Dad person.
Sorry I did not realize this was 2014. IM newbie.
eli poss · · Durango, Co · Joined May 2014 · Points: 456

So let me get this straight:
It's shameful for men to stare at women or other people/things they find attractive

But,

It's okay for women to stare at men or other people/thing they find attractive

And

This isn't one of those double standard things that women often complain about?

One reason many people climb is to enjoy the aesthetics of the rock and the outdoors. Some disciplines of climbing don't quite provide these aesthetically pleasing experiences, such as bouldering and plastic pulling. Aesthetically pleasing people, animals, or other biotic or abiotic beings can help compensate.

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175
eli poss wrote:... Some disciplines of climbing don't quite provide these aesthetically pleasing experiences, such as bouldering and plastic pulling. ...
climbing friend,

where is it you are bouldering? a trash heap or rock quarry?

bouldering climbing rocks
Matt Inoue · · CO · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 90
Happiegrrrl wrote:Do you think a matronly, overweight and out of shape lady as old as, or older than, your mother staring at you would feel awkward?
A friend and I partyboy-ed a buddy at the airport (see link below for our inspiration) and some conference-bound, middle-aged teachers checked us out. It was okay and everybody went home happy. I realize this is unrelated but felt it was crucial to the discussion.

In other news, I think dawn patrolling should be called dong patrolling because it sounds more seedy and could include more booze/sleeping in.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_plRtaoFSDc
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply