Mountain Project Logo

Bad Bolts in Las Vegas

Jon Clark · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 690

Refrigerator Wall

Greased Lightning-has the original anchor from the FA in 1989.  Rusted studs and SMC hangers.

Breakaway-all original hardware from the FA in 1991.  Rusted 3/8" studs with SMC hangers.  2 out of the 3 anchor bolts are protruding from the wall and are loose.  

Max Tepfer · · Bend, OR · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 1,702
This is at the top of Drifting. The sling is pretty ghetto.  It’s a shame the bolts are so far apart. The rock looks fine between them. (Tho maybe taps with a hammer would prove me wrong). Regardless, seems like a candidate for some metal hardware or other type of update given how classic/popular the route is.
Bryan Friesen · · Henderson, NV · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 30

1) The Brawl - Front Corridor
2) 5th bolt (protecting the crux)
3) Bolt moves, spins, and wiggles

Jeremy Lubkin · · Worldwide Wanderer · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 5

Any rebolters following this?  I'm in town for a week (until 22nd) and happy to go out and do some work.  I dont have any bolts/glue with me but if there is a local collective I'm more than happy to put in some hours.  I have drill/tools/etc.

Southern Nevada Climbers Coalition · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 5

This thread is followed, and is the main place to report bad hardware.  Thanks for reaching out, we'll let you know.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Bad Bolts in Las Vegas"