Mountain Project Logo

How long can Honnold keep pushing it?

saguaro sandy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 140
camhead wrote: Wait, are you saying that he doesn't have someone he cares about? I agree with Jake, you suck.
I doubt he cares about somebody enough not to put himself at risk in this manner. I bet he has no responsibilities either.

Just to clarify: doctors can not either fire or promote nurses unless you work directly for the guy. Then all bets are off. I do nor envy doctor's wives at all. They are usually giant a holes. Just saying...

Cornelius Jefferson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 105

--- Invalid image id: 108594024 ---

Don't worry guys she's hooked up with a guy who looks like he'll make a lampshade out of her skin sooner or later.

paintrain · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 75

God the assinine comparisons people come up with. Navy SEALs work in the dark, carry a 100lbs of crap for dozens of miles, manage to do some hairball antics with little safety net, get shot at, spend months/years away from home living in "luxury" accomodations, and risk their lives for god and country. Yes, they are complete slobs and are mediocre athletes at best. The similarities to honold soloing for recreation are so obvious.

How long has Croft and Potter kept it up? Huber? Bachar didn't die soloing anything hard. Honold will keep it up till it kills him or he finds other priorities in life. I would bet on the priority change.

Pt

brick · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 5

so honnold is doomed, navy seals are badass, olympians are pussies, marathons are easy, and everybody hates saguaro sandy. heres a cool video summarziing what went on in this thread
youtube.com/watch?v=SwGpzQV…

Freaks!

chuffnugget · · Bolder, CO · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 0

i agree Pt, is there confirmation Honnold has been laid in his life? maybe there is a reason his balls are that huge? a dig in the honey pot could change everything.

CJC, lol... the ginger has to feed on souls, not to say that SS doesnt have one, but it is a 'special' soul

Ray Pinpillage · · West Egg · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 180
brick wrote:so honnold is doomed, navy seals are badass, olympians are pussies, marathons are easy, and everybody hates saguaro sandy. heres a cool video summarziing what went on in this thread
/thread
Rob Dillon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2002 · Points: 710

If there is a god this thread will nuke itself.

splitclimber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 5

a big THANKS to Jake Jones and Vagenius for all you do here. I don't have the drive to keep at it.

Feast your eyes!

In Mexico
Jan Tarculas · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 808
saguaro sandy wrote:Mental stress can be kinda euphoric. Look at vets in combat or all the adrenaline junkies. At work ER and flight nurses crave stress and adrenaline rush. I can see how soloing can be rewarding that way.
Do you really think Vets crave that mental stress during combat? You must be idiotic. I work with Vets, mostly the older generation from WW2, vietnam, cold war and korean war. Most of them got drafted or joined as a teenager not knowing what they were getting themselves into. Non of them craved that thrill to fight in combat to kill someone else. Even soldiers now dread going to middle east to be in combat. You're freaking nuts.

again back to topic about Honnold. How the hell did his climbing get compared to Navy seals and olympians doing navy seal training...

HONNOLD! talk about HONNOLD! thats what the OP wants anyways right?
This post violated Rule #1. It has been removed by Mountain Project.
Brassmonkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 115

Dear mountain project,

If you wish to maintain your reputation and not allow this site to continue down the current path; delete the self serving psychopath above who ruins, well, everything. I know they will return, but seriously, do something.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

Altered Ego · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 0

I think Saggy has a point. Pussies don't sign up for war. I worked with a combat vet from Iraq. He didn't feel comfortable at home anymore and always wanted to work. He got called back to Afganistan and I think it was a bit of a relief for him. Not that he necessarily wanted that life deep down but he couldn't relate to normal life and family anymore. PTSD is some serious shit the will dominate your life if not dealt with. On the other hand we've got more soldiers committing suicide these days than being killed in combat. Can't imagine what some of those people are experiencing out there. Oh yeah, Honnold, whatever.

roger fritz from rockford, IL · · Rockford, IL · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 60
Stich wrote:Really, if he dies, will his life have been wasted? I don't think so at all.
What does it mean to waste your lifeÂ…or not to waste your life?

OK now that we are on the subject. What about the rich affluented teenagers committing suicide and mass shooting in schools? Explain this to me. People's life is too dam easy! Everything is served to them. They join the military and think they will sit out on their asses. Dude military goes to war! That is what they do. No?

Go ahead! I'm speaking my mind. You don't like it.. oh poor baby are you gonna cry now :(

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "How long can Honnold keep pushing it?"
in the Community Forum