Mountain Project Logo

Murder four people and get probation.

Original Post
20 kN · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,348

"Teen Who Killed Four People Got Off On Probation Because He's Rich"

gawker.com/teen-who-killed-…

myfoxdfw.com/story/24186771…

I am not surprised considering the maximum sentence was only 20 years prison. Ha, 20 years prison for murdering four people? That should have been the minimum sentence. Death by lethal injection is a more appropriate maximum sentence for his crimes.

saguaro sandy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 140

what's new?
one thing I noticed in the article is the phrase " emotionally flat" this new generation scares me!

Christopher Gibson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 90
saguaro sandy wrote:what's new? one thing I noticed in the article is the phrase " emotionally flat" this new generation scares me!
They call this generation the "Millennails" I call them "Scary" could you imagine these whiny, emotionly disturbed, "Im being bullied", long hair over the eye, androgenous looking beiber kids storming the beaches at Normandy? They would drop there weapons the minute they exited the landing craft. I think thats why we keep trying to develop drones.
Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 1,475

I'm not surprised. Look at the way people in this country worship money. The big "ball sports" or at least two of them are a total fucking sham and people worship these retards dumping thousands upon thousands of dollars on season tickets and merchandise and $10 a pop beer and hot dogs. And for what? To watch a bunch of spoiled, cheating behemoth dipshits that couldn't care less that you exist chase a ball around and pummel each other. And these are America's "pasttimes". Oh and the Kardashians. I shell out big bucks to do what I love, not to sit in a chair or on a couch or barstool and watch other people do what they love.

Cash is king baby.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

I think the real story is not about the kid murderer, but about how weak some judges are. Especially this one. Money or no money, it was still up to the judge.

FrankPS wrote:I think the real story is not about the kid murderer, but about how weak some judges are. Especially this one. Money or no money, it was still up to the judge.
While I agree with this Frank, take away the money, and you have a conviction that sends the kid away to rot in prison until he dies at the very least, and prosecutes the parents for neglect. So money was definitely a factor IMO. Either way, it is a disgusting miscarriage of justice.
Tom-onator · · trollfreesociety · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 790
Christopher Gibson wrote: They call this generation the "Millennails" I call them "Scary" could you imagine these whiny, emotionly disturbed, "Im being bullied", long hair over the eye, androgenous looking beiber kids storming the beaches at Normandy? They would drop there weapons the minute they exited the landing craft. I think thats why we keep trying to develop drones.
Nailed it!
From the second link:
The defense argued that Couch was the product of a dysfunctional and abusive family -- parents who condoned drug and alcohol use and never set boundaries.The families of those he killed think couch got an easier sentence because of his parents' influence.

This gem from way down on the Gawker's comments page:

Courtesy Max 2000
Jake Jones wrote: IMO. Either way, it is a disgusting miscarriage of justice.
Its all over the news here. Money was a factor cause not only did he only get 10 years probation, the Dad ponied up big money for a $300K+ rehab in California.
Christopher Gibson wrote: Its all over the news here. Money was a factor cause not only did he only get 10 years probation, the Dad ponied up big money for a $300K+ rehab in California.
His dad should have given his money to Phoenix Multisport! What is the kid gonna do when he gets out of the rehab? Now that we know parents are enablers and he has no life skills. He will be right back to his old ways. He needs long term mentorship from people he actually thinks are cool. Although he may be far gone by now...time will tell.
Mike Lane · · Centennial, CO · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 905

Reading stories like this makes me feel all stabby stabby.

saguaro sandy wrote:He needs long term mentorship from people he actually thinks are cool.
Well, Ted Kennedy is dead, so he's out.
Altered Ego · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 0

Not surprising in a plutocracy led by war crimnals that never see trial, guilty of murdering millions of innocent people worldwide.

Christian · · Casa do Cacete · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 1,465

Write her a note and let her know how you feel.

txdirectory.com/online/pers…

Lukus · · St. Louis · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 100

Chris as a mellinal or however its spelled thats done three combat tours as an infantryman dont be a prick and judge all of us the same. this kid was fucked up no doubt and our generation has some fucked up views on a lot of shot but we're not all a bunch of pansy mentally ill lazy fucks.

Clifton Santiago · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 0
Christopher Gibson wrote: They call this generation the "Millennails" I call them "Scary" could you imagine these whiny, emotionly disturbed, "Im being bullied", long hair over the eye, androgenous looking beiber kids storming the beaches at Normandy? They would drop there weapons the minute they exited the landing craft. I think thats why we keep trying to develop drones.
Lawd howdy! Even the brushes are broader in Texas

Affluenza vaccine available yet?

Affluenza epidemic in this country causes morbid obesity, alcohol and drug addiction, mental illness and incarceration. Help.

If we think quick we can make a bunch on money on a new drug for rich Aflu kids

Woodchuck ATC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 3,110

think how pissed we are in Chicago area to see multi convicted criminal gang bangers back on the streets on bail or parole...then shooting up more kids. I can't wait for our new Illinois conceal and carry law to take effect. I'd love to see the first asshole who takes on a formerly undefended citizen who now can blow a few .45 cal. holes legally into the fukhead. Hope we lose a few hundred of them dickheads in a month to set the record straight and get back our streets. Prisons don't do any good, just training ground for more violence and criminal activity.

Andrew Gram · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 3,580

Killing people is awesome as long as you are just talking about it on the internet! Lethal injections are fun! Shooting gang bangers will be a new sport! Pseudo-macho posturing about how tough you theoretically are is so impressive! Making your child fear you so much they cower in a corner when you come home is badass! People from earlier generations when racism and misogyny were totally accepted and isolated anecdotes couldn't be widely disseminated were so much more noble than we are!

Lukus wrote:Don't be a prick and judge all of us the same.
Unless you fit this description " whiny, emotionly disturbed, "Im being bullied", long hair over the eye, androgenous looking beiber kids"

Then I am not referring to you. I think most people can figure out my statement.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Murder four people and get probation."
in the Community Forum