Mountain Project Logo

Looking for partner to climb in France in late May-early June

Original Post
Kush Govani · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 0

I'll be there from about May 25-June 15. I'm free to go anywhere in the country. Let me know!

kenr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 16,608

What kinds of climbing do you like to do?

I guess if it's just short single-pitch it's not critical to climb at the same grade, but for multi-pitch some similarity counts -- so some hint about what difficulty you're looking for would help.

You may be "free" to go anywhere, but what practical means do you have? Like a car?

Myself, I focus on the southeast quadrant of France (and nearby Italy + Switz).
Around that time of year I hope for alpine terrain, but with more emphasis on rock than ice (tho I'm open to using skis for approach and descent). But lower warmer areas if the high stuff isn't in condition.

I keep getting stronger, and I keep hoping I'll start climbing harder than 6b outdoors, but I carry prusiks to get me thru following a short section which is too hard for me. And I happily climb routes much easier than that.

I normally have a car, and I use it to get me and my gear to someplace with good weather, on short notice.

Ken

Kush Govani · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 0

I haven't done any outdoor climbing honestly. I'm a gym junkie and am looking to break that. I'll be in Western France, in the Arcachon area until late May, then I figure I can take the eurail anywhere. Will you be available then? I haven't done any multipitch, I've only done single pitch. But I'm always looking to start.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Looking for partner to climb in France in late…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started