Mountain Project Logo

Tenaya Climbing Shoes

Ben Schuldt · · Bowling Green, KY · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 85
Jake Jones wrote:

Have you tried the Inti?

I haven't and am hesitant to do so because I have heard they are a more narrow version of the Ra and that would be too narrow for me. Plus I don't have anywhere local to try them on so I would be buying blind. How do they compare?

AJ Kause · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0
Jake Jones wrote:

I have Mundakas and I haven't had that issue.  Hopefully you just got a batch that had bad glue or something.  I also just ordered a pair of the Oasi LV.  Even the thin narrow Tenaya models still have some space in the heel and I've downsized as much as I can.  The Mundaka is the best fit yet, but hopefully a specifically designed low volume model can get me a good heel fit.

How has your experience with the Oasi LVs been? I am in the same boat with the regular Oasi and am very interested in the LVs. 

Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 1,734
AJ Kause wrote:

How has your experience with the Oasi LVs been? I am in the same boat with the regular Oasi and am very interested in the LVs. 

Oh man I love 'em.  Nothing so far has fit my foot as well or performs as well.  The heel is lower volume so I'm more secure on pretty much everything.

Ben Schuldt wrote:

I haven't and am hesitant to do so because I have heard they are a more narrow version of the Ra and that would be too narrow for me. Plus I don't have anywhere local to try them on so I would be buying blind. How do they compare?

They are slightly lower volume, but you're right, they are narrower as well.  Not by much, but it is noticeable.

AJ Kause · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0
Jake Jones wrote:

Oh man I love 'em.  Nothing so far has fit my foot as well or performs as well.  The heel is lower volume so I'm more secure on pretty much everything.

Cool, thanks for the insight. That's good to hear, especially about the heel. Does the sizing run the same as other Tenaya shoes (Oasi, Mundaka, etc.)?

AJ Kause wrote:

Cool, thanks for the insight. That's good to hear, especially about the heel. Does the sizing run the same as other Tenaya shoes (Oasi, Mundaka, etc.)?

I’m a 10.5 as a tight fit on Mundaka, Iati & Oasi LV.

Ansel R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0
Jake Jones wrote:

I’m a 10.5 as a tight fit on Mundaka, Iati & Oasi LV.

Are they lower volume in the toe box as well?

Ansel R wrote:

Are they lower volume in the toe box as well?

Yep, they are.

Henrik Overballe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

One of my friends ONLY climb with shoes from Tenaya, and it seems like she absolutely loves Them!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Reviews
Post a Reply to "Tenaya Climbing Shoes"