Mountain Project Logo

2:1 Haul Setup - Rate my rigging

druss uk · · Bracknell, Berkshire · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0
eli poss wrote:

yes ovals are actually the best shaped lockers to use with pulleys so you will be fine.

Thanks. To clarify these would be non-locking ovals. 

David Coley · · UK · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 70
druss uk wrote:

Hi all 

Looking for for some advice if you must use lockers for the pulleys, or are ovals OK?  I don't see much chance (zero) of the pulleys coming out of the carabiners whilst hauling and they are strong enough. 

Feeling tight at the moment so don't want to go buy lockers for the rig when I have ovals spare.

You don't need lockers for the bits that if they were to fail the outcome is non-serious. For example the one on the lower rope grab on a 2 or 3 to 1. But you do need a locker on the main rope grab. For example on the upper trax (or equivalent).

David Coley · · UK · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 70
kevin deweese wrote: 4) You look good and livepost your entire trip to instafacetwitterbookgram.

"Climb if you will, but remember grades and sends are nothing without spray and that a momentary negligence in online presence may destroy the Facebook opportunity of a lifetime. Do nothing without a camera switched on; pay attention to each filter preset available; and from the beginning think what social media platform you're aiming for."

druss uk · · Bracknell, Berkshire · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0
David Coley wrote:

You don't need lockers for the bits that if they were to fail the outcome is non-serious. For example the one on the lower rope grab on a 2 or 3 to 1. But you do need a locker on the main rope grab. For example on the upper trax (or equivalent).

Thanks.  I have locker on the main rope grab which is a pro traction. I still need to setup the 2:1 hauling rig to check the failure consequences.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply