Mountain Project Logo

Post Awesome Trad Movies Here


DrApnea · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 255
Jake Jones wrote:http://vimeo.com/45725008
BD X4's in action
Mikael Jarmland · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 0

Here's something new going on in Europe, I guess as a reaction to the bolting frenzy of past years.

vimeo.com/45444770

EDIT:

Couldn't embed for some reason.

It's at: vimeo.com/ (and then insert) 45444770

TuRETZ · · Denver, co · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 140
Jarmland wrote:Here's something new going on in Europe, I guess as a reaction to the bolting frenzy of past years. vimeo.com/45444770 EDIT: Couldn't embed for some reason. It's at: vimeo.com/ (and then insert) 45444770
That vieo was really good, making the work day much better! Thanks Jamland!!
Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 1,475

I see your Frankenjura, and raise you another.

vimeo.com/31499207

Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 1,475

Supposedly "greenpointing" uses no bolts. It wouldn't do much for your argument of "greenpointing" taking more mental fortitude than redpointing on bolts if you place your gear while you're bolt-protected. I'm sure it happens though. That's the part you don't see. This dude looks legit. Strong as fuck anyway, so I can't say shit to him.

Mikael Jarmland · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 0

Right.

I guess it's all the same to redpoint something on toprope or protected by bolts on lead before you do the lead on trad gear.

As you say, it doesn't make much sense to clip bolts.

Matthias Lang · · Albuquerque · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 70
Jake Jones wrote:Supposedly "greenpointing" uses no bolts. It wouldn't do much for your argument of "greenpointing" taking more mental fortitude than redpointing on bolts if you place your gear while you're bolt-protected. I'm sure it happens though. That's the part you don't see. This dude looks legit. Strong as fuck anyway, so I can't say shit to him.
I'm sure he rehearsed gear placements on top rope or using the bolts, but I don't see how this deminishes his feat. As soon as he goes for the 'greenpoint' it will take more 'mental fortitude' that leading it on bomber bolts. And it's not like he bolted that climb with a 'greenpoint' in the back of his head. This is on old sport climbing testpiece FA'd by John Bachar, that was now lead on gear. Impressive!

By the way, big thanks to all the posters. This is the best MP threat ever!
Mikael Jarmland · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 0

Yeah, the reason I asked was not to diminish his feat, the guy is awesome, that's why I posted the video to begin with. I was just curious with his philosophy on bolts.

Ryan Nevius · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 904

http://vimeo.com/3976756

Kenan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 1,248

A classic!

Dean Potter whipping on Tombstone

youtube.com/watch?v=QxYF5nS…

Alex McIntyre · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 375
DrApnea wrote: BD X4's in action
Those are Mastercams, not X4's.
Kenan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 1,248

http://vimeo.com/8270827

Gnomestyle McKinney · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 15

The secret to happiness is in this thread...

Kenan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 1,248

http://vimeo.com/7957885

Kenan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 1,248

http://vimeo.com/16246041#at=0

Kenan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 1,248

http://vimeo.com/19261066

Julius Beres · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 270

What kind of rubber does he have on his shoes? He is wearing LS Miura VSs, but with a yellow rubber... never seen that before.

Kenan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 1,248

http://vimeo.com/38867286

Kenan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 1,248

http://vimeo.com/34482694

Rob Lilley · · Greensboro, NC · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 95
Julius Beres wrote:What kind of rubber does he have on his shoes? He is wearing LS Miura VSs, but with a yellow rubber... never seen that before.
Which video? Do you mean the one of Honnold on the two crack climbs? He's wearing Solutions which have a yellow band of rubber around the sole, they're not Miura VS.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Post Awesome Trad Movies Here"
in the Trad Climbing

Log In to Reply