Mountain Project Logo

El Cap Panos is up and running!

Original Post
Mark Hudon · · Lives on the road · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 420

It's rather Bling-less right now but it all works and is ready for your purchase! Check it out!

hudonpanos.com

Buy a Pano!

hudonpanos.com

MegaGaper2000 James · · Indianola, Wa · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 20

That site is the internet equivalent of a taco from a mexican street vendor. Everything he's got looks tasty, but diarhea/identity theft from totally anon site does not. That said, I'm in - I can use your credit card.

Don't worry, it's totally legit and I'm totally honest.

It's my first site to sell things, what would make you feel better about buying from it?

Greg Gavin · · SLC, UT · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 888

Mark,

Is it possible to get a pano without the topo lines?

Sure,

PM me.

Well, the fact that its within the climbing community lowers the bar significantly as far as credibility goes. Every good russian scammer knows climber debit cards are all empty anyway. But still...

More info about you/who I'm giving my CC to = more comfortable. Put an 'about' on there with a picture and a three-line mission statement, plus your hometown or something, or a little story about why you started the company. Also a company logo or name or anything t all like that. As it is, it is as anonymous as thirty feet of sheer, imposing internet granite blank slab!

(It took me a minute or two to realize pano is for panorama. Wait. it is, isn't it?)

Steve86 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 10

Mark probably didn't put a lot of that type of effort into his site because 99% of the people who would be buying a route pano of el cap know who he is.

His trip reports are also the best.

NIAD

Shield

Tribal Rite

ZM

My favorite:

SS-PO

Mega,

Yes, I plan to do all of that, I was excited to get this up this morning and get some exposure and tips.

Thanks.

Monomaniac · · Morrison, CO · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 17,295

Mark Hudon was among the most visionary & talented free climbers of the late 70's. You can probably trust him.

Ok,ok. Got it. That's why they call me gaper. Sorry.

Mark, nice job with the climbing (no snark). Good luck on the webs!

ShibbyShane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 15

Nice work on the site! What'd you use to stitch the photos together?

You might also want to put on the site what exactly someone is getting when they buy one of the panos - just a photo, is it framed and matted? Is the photo glossy or matte finish? Just some ideas for you.

fat cow · · St. Paul, MN · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 10

is it basically a poster, thin like paper, or is it more thick and durable? I don't want to pay for something and have it tear easily like every poster eventually does.

Graham S · · Riverside, CA · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 15

Mark, awesome stuff!!! Do you have plans on putting more together? More routes?

Do you take requests if a premium price is attached? I would love some of other routes (e.g. Royal Arches, Regular Route on 3rd Pillar, etc etc) I've always wanted a small collection of my favorite routes in these large sizes. However, my man parts are nowhere near the size they need to be to do the routes you've selected here, yet... But it would be really cool to have large sizes of some routes i have done.

Great work!!! Still going to get the Nose photo.

The paper I use is the Epson Enhanced Matte paper and is quite a bit thicker than most poster paper. These things do take some abuse but still, it's paper. When I pin them up on a wall I reinforce the corners with a piece of duct tape.

Graham, I don't actually think I'll be doing cliffs other than El Cap. I plan on adding more routes and routes on the SW face but nothing beyond El Cap.

ShibbyShane, Thanks for the tips, yes, I'll do that. I use Photoshop for the whole deal and print them myself with an Epson 7800 wide format printer. It's the same printer I use to print my fine art photos.

Mega, No worries. I made the no snark promise to myself this year!

Graham S · · Riverside, CA · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 15

aaaw, bummer... cool none the less. thanks mark!

Guy Kenny Jr · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 10

Cool stuff.

Maybe you should send a free one with say, the 10th or 25th bag of coffee.

Prod.

We try to keep the Coffee Co. separate and I'm paying all the bills from the pano site (paper, ink, web hosting, website design) with money I make from it. Once the better website gets up I'll in the hole about $800. I've sold three panos already so I'm hopeful.

tell ya what though, buy more than three or more panos and I'll throw in a pound of the Coffee of your choice!

George Bell · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 5,050

Where's the Salathe? That's my favorite El Cap route ...

Soon, George, soon, maybe this weekend.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "El Cap Panos is up and running!"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started