Mountain Project Logo

Partner needed for Seneca, the New, ...

Original Post
Nick Nystrom · · Monroeville, PA · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 120

Anyone need a solid, experienced partner for trad or sport? I live near Pittsburgh, so Seneca and the New fit well for short trips. The main thing I look for in a partner is someone who enjoys being out on the rock; there's a lot more to a great route than just its grade. Hard-core and new climbers are both welcome.

I also really like longer routes in the Sierra, Rockies, and the desert, if you have your sights on some objective there and need a partner for it.

mountainsense · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 455

Nick,
Why not come out to visit Utah? Desert season's upon us, and before you know it, it'll be stellar climbing here in the Wasatch... PM me if you ever make it this way! Shingo

Brett Jarrett · · Milton, WV · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 65

Hey, I live in WV and I'm just breaking into trad this year and I've also never climbed any multi pitch... My friend and I were hoping to make a trip to Seneca some time this year and we've been debating either hiring a guide or trying to find someone experienced to climb with. Is that something you would be interested in? I have a full rack by the way...

Edit: I climb mostly at the New, mostly on Sundays... It's about an hour and a half drive for me. If you want to meet up there some time it would be cool for me to spend a day trad climbing with someone experienced. I have the rack to make it up pretty much anything at the New, so long as it doesn't require a #5 or 6 camalot.

Javier L · · Asheville, NC · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 560

PM sent

dune33 · · Pittsburgh · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 0

Hey, I am also from Pittsburgh am and looking for someone to climb with. I just started putting together a sport rack but also really enjoy trad. Willing to climb as much as possible and I have a flexible work schedule.

Nick Nystrom · · Monroeville, PA · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 120
dune33 wrote:Hey, I am also from Pittsburgh am and looking for someone to climb with. I just started putting together a sport rack but also really enjoy trad. Willing to climb as much as possible and I have a flexible work schedule.
PM reply sent
Travis Willcox · · Jackson, WY · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 65

Recently moved to the NW part of Virginia and have been looking for a partner to hit up Seneca with. Can pull a day or two mid week in late June if it's not too hot. Drop me a line if you're interested.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Partner needed for Seneca, the New, ..."