Mountain Project Logo

Chrysler Crack

Original Post
Mike Dudley · · Vegas · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 155

Hey guys looking for some sun beta. Really want to climb the Chrysler Crack. My guide book says no sun for the entire Sandy Corridor, but I know this climb is farther down and at the top of a gully, so hoping there sun on it at some point.

Hit me up if you have any idea when this comes into the sun, if at all. Thanks guys! Be safe out there!

Mike

smassey · · CO · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 190

Mike - Never. It is northwest facing and in a shaded nook. I've done it several times over the course of a year and never remotely had the route in the sun. Early morning the belayer may be able to hang out in the sun. It's an OW - more fun with lots of clothes anyway. cheers.

Thats what I was afraid of, oooh well. Cold OW fun. Thanks smassey.

If you're in town and looking for a partner who doesn't mind cold OW, let me know.

Sick thanks for the offer. I love the ow. moving up there in Jan ill have to hit you up for ow fun.

Weston L · · NEVADASTAN · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 851

Is Chrysler as good as I keep hearing? I'm coming to Vegas for ten days around christmas and have had this thing circled...

If it's your thing, sure. It's a splitter, clean corner without the usual RR faceholds. Starts with a 6 camalot and gets bigger. In the shade all year. Folks with smaller feet may have to employ unconventional tactics (see Russ's pics) - I was able to heel-toe most of it (size 11). Sounds like a good bit of fun to me...

Weston L · · NEVADASTAN · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 851

Awesome! Thanks

Jon O'Brien · · Nevada · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 405

hit me up too bro, i love chasing down our obscure cracktastic classics!

jon o'brien

Will do, jon. I gotta work a bunch around christmas - how bout everyone pm me when you'll be around and we can have a WideFriday, as Susan called it. (or WideWednesday, etc.) I've already spoken to several others who are interested.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Chrysler Crack"
in the Nevada