Mountain Project Logo

Possible FA Potential in Wind Rivers? Pic Included

Original Post
CharlieMitchell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 10

Hey guys, I've got some time coming up towards the end of this summer and have been eyeing this line out in the Winds for a long time. I first came across it during a NOLS course I did a few years ago and want to give it a go this summer. Here's a picture

It's the obvious crack in the middle of the photo, running up to that roof. What do you guys think? Would anyone also happen to know if its been climbed before? I'm not sure of the exact location, but its on the ridge of cliffs that surround where NOLS rock climbing trips normally camp. Here's a picture of the valley

If anyone can provide any possible info or advice, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Reed Fee · · White Salmon WA · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 155

Go for it Charlie it looks like a stout wide line. I would not be surprised if some abitious NOLS instructors have wondered the same thing you are.

Petsfed 00 · · Snohomish, WA · Joined Mar 2002 · Points: 989

Where is it? There's a ton of unattempted stuff in the northern part of the range, but the closer you get to the Cirque and Titcomb, the fewer obvious lines close to the trail there are. Not saying there's no new lines to be found, just that the popular areas are the crowded areas.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Possible FA Potential in Wind Rivers? Pic Included"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started