Mountain Project Logo

RETRIEVABLE ROCK ANCHORS THAT ARE NOT BOLTS/ aka N.O.T.s/ Nick of Times!!

Original Post
Randy Kieliszewski · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 10

Hey climbing world, how the TRuck have you been, I am going to make a resurrgence, beware!! The maker of the
"Nick of Time", retrievable rock anchors that are NOT bolts!! Randy Kieliszewski, Contact (rakffa@hotmail.com) will be bringing the "N.O.T.s" back to LIFE, Cheers!! FUTURE FIRST ASCENTS is ALIVE and well! ROCK ON!! Contact me if you want more info, 801-944-7713 Thanks

Mark Roth · · Boulder · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 14,062
Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi? · · Vegas · Joined May 2005 · Points: 4,115

I like Jack. How could you NOT?! N.O.T.S?

tenesmus · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2004 · Points: 3,023
Randy Kieliszewski wrote:Hey climbing world, how the TRuck have you been, I am going to make a resurrgence, beware!! The maker of the "Nick of Time", retrievable rock anchors that are NOT bolts!! Randy Kieliszewski, Contact (rakffa@hotmail.com) will be bringing the "N.O.T.s" back to LIFE, Cheers!! FUTURE FIRST ASCENTS is ALIVE and well! ROCK ON!! Contact me if you want more info, 801-944-7713 Thanks
Randy! Thank you for making these again! I understand you had to do a lot of work to do this. What is the pricing? Photos? How do we use them.

Been following you around, doing a bunch of your routes over the years. Fun stuff out there.
Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi? · · Vegas · Joined May 2005 · Points: 4,115

Pictures, pictures, please! : )

Hey I like your humor, reminds me of the P.P.'s, you just slap your P.P.(personal protection) on the rock and off you go, Oh!, and remember the adage,"The Leader must not fall"!!

John Hegyes · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2002 · Points: 5,676

Looks pretty nice Randy, I like the rolled marine eye swage at the top. Over all they look like a bit like a sliding nut or a RB Removable Bolt by Climb Tech. Your design looks pretty sound. Have you pull tested them?

Yea, but if you look, they referenced me in thier application. Thanks P.S. , Those units need an ice pick and TWO, count'em 2 hands to remove when loaded. Who wants to carry an ice pick when climbing.
Item Description: An absolute must for removing your RB's after a good healty whipper! Insert the awl flush against the unit and tap the ball shank while simultaneously pulling the trigger. This action forces the spoon outward and the ball shank forward, releasing the unit from its purchase. Drop resistant handle and stainless steel shaft make this tool tough and reliable.

The ice pick "awl" for removing stuck units!

Just saying.

TP in SLC wrote:Hi Randy, Those awls are scary! Nobody should have to have one of those on their harness, nobody. The RB's come out ok, unless you fall (or weight) the unit as said earlier. Removable bolts are so nice to have when drilling ground up IMO. What sizes do those bad boys come in? You'd corner the market if they were 3/8". Tyler
TP,
My units are 3/8", they are so easy to use, but I got sidetracked and put them on the back burner, but I feel its time to unleash them on the world. You can get sooo much more vert under your harness with these. And when you feel confident you can crank so much harder. If you know all is well you can perform at your optimum. I know cause I've been there, and its the best feeling known to me. Believing is empowering. Put these units in and you can go for it, because you spend less time placing them, than conventional bolts, Just Saying! RK
John Hegyes wrote:Looks pretty nice Randy, I like the rolled marine eye swage at the top. Over all they look like a bit like a sliding nut or a RB Removable Bolt by Climb Tech. Your design looks pretty sound. Have you pull tested them?
Hi,
Yes, The units where tested at BD, we destroyed quite a few in the process. All failures, occurred in the 5/32" stainless steel 7x7 aircraft cables right around 2800# and not one, from my recollection was from a slipping unit. The cable itself was the failure. The marine eyes required more work during assembly, thus the use of stainless Nicco Swages, in my later units. I have units that are very short and great for aid. Its obvious the units were spawned from the Slider and the Lowe Ball. I really like what Climb Tech came up with, nearly at the same time I was playing with the idea. I understand that there have been others along the same lines, even before these came to fruition. I have used these, and since I rarely fall (cough, cough) I was able to blitz unclimbed faces with a modicum of effort.
Seriously though, they are great for a multitude of applications. The climber, the caver, spelunker, riggers, construction applications, boaters with drills, maybe more... Later
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "RETRIEVABLE ROCK ANCHORS THAT ARE NOT BOLTS/ ak…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started