Mountain Project Logo

Self-Belay Lead climbing

Skye Swoboda-Colberg · · Laramie, Wyoming · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 115
John Kelly · · Greenville, SC · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 45

Thank you IcePick!

Lol, Skye, yeah it is pretty obvious isn't it? 1, then 2, then 3.....been a long weekend dude. WHat else can I say other than "douohhhhhhhh!"

eli poss · · Durango, Co · Joined May 2014 · Points: 456

John, the backup knots are to catch you should your soloist/silent partner/grigri/eddy fail to catch you, not in case the rope breaks or cuts. 

Ah...so rope breaks, my neck breaks. I didn't miss anything. That was the part I couldn't get around...and looks like there is no getting around it. God I love this stuff!

John

Already did what you're doing. Just home from work 3rd ready bed butt let me pass long what I have gotten in thelst two weeks, Like youneed laps OUTDOORS and no partner in or out.

First link tothe thread, Some of may i wil give you will already be here in no particular order

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/106270733/self-belay-lead-climbing?page=1

http://storrick.cnc.net/VerticalDevicesPage/Ascender/CarabinerKnot/Marlatt.html

I;m tired like I said I havelots more links and you tube stuff. Let me take a nap may me able to cut donw some of your work,  Here's what a bought so far plus Andy;s Book. i think I have another lumar coming and some 7mm 20ft corde for alternate loop if sling ain;t cutting it. But with bot mini axion and acender i still like the idea of tying knots. Oh, the parachute Ileft out, sorry.

Get Andy's book its tuff read until you get to 01 Concepts then he starts diagrams things make more sense. You Tube has bunch of stuff cull from it all. gri grim micro, ascender, lumar, chest harness, dynemma loop, anther lumar coming. Other stuff, Andy's book not sure who stole diagrams from whom. Petxly from Andy or otherway around. Juts look at my posts links to u tube videos lke I said cull it all you''lll know what to do.

Start on the ground or 5 fet up, lol. That;s what I;m doing til I figure out WTF is going on...but I'm an engineer I will alreadyhave most of it sussed just beat, PM any questions. Oh I already have ATC carry that. PAD, personal anchor always carry that. Nut tool, even if your're not doing trad is good to have just to knock yourd]self inhead so you think of solution.

Never panic if stuck get a lumar, find nearest anchor, use your PA and sit take deep breaths and just relax. Unless your rope compleytely parts there is a way down. Hell even if it does hand onto bolt and drop ladder bit by bit,or crawl down step by step.

Anyway read throug my posts of last week for You Tube links. And never leave a brand new Streling 70zm dry rop in a nide bag at your ex girls hous cuse that $350 down the drain. Bitch. But Idigress hit me when i am awake and somewhat lucid,

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply