Mountain Project Logo

Clear Creek / Castlewood Partner this week and beyond

Original Post
tscupp · · Fruita, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 1,525

Hey all,

I just moved to the Englewood area and I'm looking for a CCC or Castlewood partner for anytime/day this week. Also, for the future I'm looking for more regular climbing partners on weekends at either of these places primarily due to proximity but I'm also interested in Eldorado/Boulder Canyon/RMNP and beyond but Clear Creek/Castlewood are preferred.

I'm coming from the east coast and haven't yet climbed in this area so I'm not sure about grade level but I'm targeting 5.10+ to 5.12- (sport, knock a number+ off for trad) but I'm open to climbing in any grade range as long as it's a good time :).

I know there are a lot of these summer partner posts right now but I'm hoping to catch the eye of a CCC enthusiast to cut down on some traveling while I'm here for the next two months.

Cheers,
Tom

(Edited to add that I'm also really hoping to photograph a lot of climbing so I'm interested in joining larger groups or being an odd man)

Lee Smith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2003 · Points: 1,545

Tom

Go to Yahoo! Groups and hook up with DCCC Cragrats. They are mostly Douglas County climbers and are always doing stuff.

Mike Lane · · AnCapistan · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 880
Lee Smith wrote:Tom Go to Yahoo! Groups and hook up with DCCC Cragrats. They are mostly Douglas County climbers and are always doing stuff.
THEY?

C'mon Lee, you're a vital partner in this.

Anyway Tom, here's a direct link:

groups.yahoo.com/group/DCCC…

There is typically something going on Wednesdays after work. Warning: since Tom Hanson cannot go to Yahoo at work, there is an additional e-mail ring. When folks start hitting "reply all", you'll get a grrip of daily messages. I often come home to 30 in my inbox, hence the Yahoo group.
Jeffrey Arthur · · Westminster, CO · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 290

Hey I'm always down for Clear Creek, Boulder Canyon, and the surrounding areas. I've got a few partners and we try to hit up the local areas at least once/twice during the week and regularly on the weekends. Plus we're all East Coasters as well, mostly NC. Hit me up I can show you plenty of climbs in the grade range that your looking for. Jeff (303) 514-8507

tscupp · · Fruita, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 1,525

Hey all, thanks for the responses, I joined the yahoo group and I'm sending you a PM Jeff. Hope to see some of you at the crag soon :)

Robert · · Louisville · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 30

Hey there,

If you want to get out tomorrow I will available all day. Mainly sport climber but have a few trad leads under my belt. 10+ to 12-.

Robert
lb5577@hotmail.com

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Clear Creek / Castlewood Partner this week and…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started