Mountain Project Logo

Mescalito Video TR

Original Post
Jordan Ramey · · Calgary, Alberta · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 4,251

This was posted up on supertopo under the Mescalito page. One of the best video TR's I've ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=AkRnwO8…

James Schroeder · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined May 2002 · Points: 3,166

That is AWESOME!

John McNamee · · Littleton, CO · Joined Jul 2002 · Points: 1,690

yeah, its pretty amazing.

i can't quite get my head around hauling 300 pounds of stuff by myself... That would take a lot of effort.

Fat Dad · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 60

Awesome effort. Just a so-so video though, but hey, when you're soloing the Captain, who's going to hold it against you.

When I turned 35, I made a list of things I wanted to do before I up and died, one of the biggest of which was to solo the Captain. Nine years later, wife, two kids, life insurance and a career, it's looking pretty doubtful. Nice to live a little vicariously.

Good on ya Kia!

John McNamee · · Littleton, CO · Joined Jul 2002 · Points: 1,690

Its never to late the solo the captain

I'm 45 now and have a full time job but I'm still planning and collecting gear for a route on the SE side Elcap I want to solo. Realistically I'm still a few years off since I still have some other routes I want to do but it's definitely going to happen.

I'll be trying to go pretty light and not taking the kitchen sink. I know I can averaging 3 pitches a day pretty easily. 16 odd pitches means 6 or 7 days, a couple of days to drive there and back so I can probably do it in just over a week off work.

I have a copy of some topos on my cube walls at work that gets me through the crap some days. I also keep a couple of guide books at work, such as supertopo big walls just to keep things in perspective.

Maybe we can help each other get there!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Big Wall and Aid Climbing
Post a Reply to "Mescalito Video TR"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.