Mountain Project Logo

Gargoyle Wall Topo

Original Post
JmH · · Arizona · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 5

Anybody have recent topo or photo of gargoyle wall at Camelback that has a little more info than the usual sources? PR II has a great topo and Rock Climbing AZ has a good photo with a few routes. I've seen some comments on this site and others that lead me to believe there has been some bolts added to some of the routes since then. Thanks

Manny Rangel · · PAYSON · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 4,789

Pedricks chimney sprouted a bolt; some others I ran across left of are an unk route then my route at the farthest left, Dr. Demento 11c.

Thanks manuel. One of the posts I read said that Pedrick's has "plenty of bolts, especially in the chimney". Actually thats the only one that suggested there were more bolts than the guide book.

Pete Hickman · · Washington, DC · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 485

Pedricks chimney has more than one bolt I think and maybe even more than one in the little chimney section. At any rate I thought there were plenty of bolts on the route when I climbed it as my third outdoor climb ever. Considering the terror I feel at the slightest runout I think there must have been a few, or else it was just so super easy that one is plenty.

Hey Pete did you use any trad pro on Pedrick's? Also thanks for your info on the Camelback routes. You've been a big help to me in the past.

Pete Hickman · · Washington, DC · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 485

No, I didn't have any gear when I climbed it and I don't know if there would be anywhere to put it anyway. I looked at some pictures last night and i think I can see two bolts in the chimney. There is also a big grey rock on one side of the chimney that has good holds all over it. Its really super easy.

Thanks again!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Gargoyle Wall Topo"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started