Mountain Project Logo

Vandalizing a route just screws over random climbers, not the FAer's.

Original Post
Braxton Norwood · · Billings Montana · Joined Mar 2003 · Points: 1,370

The third bolt of Hydroponics in Milagrosa canyon (right where the route goes vertical), is missing its hanger. That's right, the one just before the crux that prevents a pendulum fall into a lower wall. That's some childish, pre-meditated sh*t, we have here. Being I'd never climbed this route before, I didn't realize anything was screwy until the bolt in question was staring me in the face, like a small, threaded boner. Coincidentally, it's probably larger than the penis of the jerk who jacked the hanger in question. What the f*ck, man?? Grow up. Again, vandalizing a route just screws over random climbers, not the FAer's.

ps- all other hangers and the anchor appear to be intact. The 5.10 just right of this climb was not "modified" as of Oct 21.

Joseph Stover · · Batesville, AR · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 690

Damn, I hope it gets a hanger back soon; I'd like to jump on that route this season! Maybe someone is trying to tell us that hangers and a wrench should be part of the standard sport rack!!!

jbak x · · tucson, az · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 4,672

So Braxton...how do you know someone intentionally took the hanger ? Couldn't the nut have just come loose and it fell off ?

Ladd Raine · · Plymouth, NH · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 5,505
jbak wrote:So Braxton...how do you know someone intentionally took the hanger ? Couldn't the nut have just come loose and it fell off ?
This exact thing happens a lot down in West Virginia, especially at Summersville Lake where many of the routes are submerged for 5 months every year.
Charles Danforth · · L'ville, CO · Joined Aug 2003 · Points: 170
Joseph Stover wrote:Maybe someone is trying to tell us that hangers and a wrench should be part of the standard sport rack!!!
Or a set of wired nuts that you can cinch around the bare bolt. Not perfect, but better than nothing.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Vandalizing a route just screws over random cli…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started