Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Information on New Routes

Original Post
Alex A · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2005 · Points: 1,623

Looking for information on new routes that are not in the guide book, these are some of the new routes, Modern Art 5.13a, Dyslexia 13b/c, Zschiesche Roof 5.13c/d, there's a route left of Gills Crack, 5.12b/c, does anyone know it's Name.
Eric Z, put up a route at the Old Sandstone area, between P O Wall (aka The Wave) and Seven Seas, 5.13? does anyone know it's name and it's grade.

Rob Riggleman · · Santa Barbara, CA · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 960

Groth's direct finish to Son of Great Chimney isn't in there. I haven't been on it, but I have heard it's quite good and goes in the low 12 range.

Paul Jones · · Madison, WI · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 130

hey Alex, when Dave did the direct finish to SOGC, we were out there with EZ and Tommy, and I can think of 2 more lines that we did that were not in the guidebook. One was the right side of the wall with Coup De Tat(Sp?), the far right side, ascending a overhanging scoop to an arete move, we thought it was consensus 12a, I'm assuming it has been done before- EZ also did a line thru an overhang that was between Coup and Lost face, closer to lost face, I think he gave it 13a

EB · · Winona · Joined Jan 2002 · Points: 1,038

Another newer route is best bulge, 12a put up by Eric Z in 2000 on the east bluff near squirel tower; south of balanced rock. Paul email me and let me know when youre getting your ass out here; its been too long bro!!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Looking for Information on New Routes"
in the Midwest