Mountain Project Logo

Ruth Lake

Original Post
jon.moab · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 10

Does anyone know if the Ruth Lake area, in particular Good Medicine area is clear of snow and accesible to climb?

Glen Kaplan · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 729

it's better than TacoBell's cruchwrap gorditas...

eh...

good to go!

jon.moab · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 10

Thanks!

Ashley A · · Salt Lake City · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 5

Can anyone comment on the mosquitoes and camping conditions up at Ruth Lake for this weekend? Thanks!!

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 5

I was near Ruth last weekend and the mosquitoes are pretty bad, and we weren't even next to a lake. I don't think it's a reason to skip, but definitely bring the DEET! My kids are still covered in bites. 

Ken H · · Granite, UT · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 3,926

Utah holiday weekend. Anticipate major major crowds and challenges finding camping. By far one of the worst weekends of the year to go to the Uintas. 

Luke Lindeman · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

Mosquitos were swarming when I was up there a week or so ago. Bring a few gallons of bug spray no matter where you plan to hang out. Otherwise, it's perfect up there. Good luck.

Sam Clairmont · · Salt Lake City · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 25

I was just there today and it was great temperature in the shade. mid day sun was probably 70s. Mosquitos are still around but not bad at Good Medicine area. Practically no snow. camping was great.. 50s at night 

Jcbrown2012 · · salt lake city · Joined May 2015 · Points: 295

Hello, I have been having trouble with some of the beta for Last Stand Wall and Assassin Wall. Are they possibly switched positions on the photo on the main page for this area?

Jim Garrett · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 0
Jcbrown2012 wrote: Hello, I have been having trouble with some of the beta for Last Stand Wall and Assassin Wall. Are they possibly switched positions on the photo on the main page for this area?

They are switched in that photo.

Finn The Human · · The Land of Ooo · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 106

Wondering about the air quality up at Ruth currently. The SLC valley is all covered in smoke and I'm hoping to escape to cleaner air this weekend. Anybody been up there recently who can comment on the smoke situation at Ruth?

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Its less smoky, but not clear air by a long shot. And jesus christ is it crowded. Its like momentum millcreek on a thrusday evening in January. You cant even find a parking spot. Every climb is three people deep. There are 100s of  shit rats running around barking, being generally annoying.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "Ruth Lake"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started