Mountain Project Logo

Mill Creek

Original Post
Mason Earle · · USA · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 945

I realize that there are already directions on this site as to how to get to mill creek, but i don't quite understand them. I was wondering if someone had some solid directions they are willing to share. And- is the "la Sal loop road" in the directions the road that goes north out of town by the river? If it is i havn't heard it called that.

-mason

Tzilla Rapdrilla · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 955

The La Sal Loop road is best accessed for Mill Creek by driving south on Hwy 191 about 8 miles south of Moab and is clearly marked. Follow the La Sal Loop Road uphill into the La Sal range for about 10 miles to an intersection for a small dirt road to the right to Oowah Lake. The creek that flows under the bridge is Mill Creek. The parking for the two best access points is about 200 yds back along the road toward Moab - look for cairns or obvious trails. Remember this is a super top secret area that has only been featured in a few climbing videos and magazine articles.

John McNamee · · Littleton, CO · Joined Jul 2002 · Points: 1,690

Last weekend there was about 20 cars there so it shouldn't be too hard to find! I haven't asked but other people have told me that pagan has a topo.

Joe Auer · · Utah · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 375

the bridge that crosses millcreek at the oowah lk junction is closed for repairs until November. the loop road is barricaded a few hundred (?) feet before the bridge. this doesn't affect parking for wicked crag or horsecreek. the pull-out used to access the hydrocrag is just past the bridge so unless you want to drive in from the other side (thru castle valley) you're going to have to find an alternate approach.

this closure also affects the oowah lk road. if you want to mountain bike up there, i believe you can park at the barricade and bike up the dirt road. the road crew might not let you do this but i saw some biker's cars parked there so this seems okay.

cheers,

joe

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "Mill Creek"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started