Mountain Project Logo

Boulder area gal looking for some peeps

Original Post
BethKl · · Lafayette CO · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 0

Well, its been a long time since I have climbed....too long, I am pathetic. But now that it is getting warmer I NEED to get out there, but I also need some patient and willing people to climb with. Kind of a rookie, but if you have the time and are willing to help a lady out, I would be greatly appreciative.
Thanks!
Beth

phil broscovak · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2002 · Points: 1,578

Well Beth, how are you with kids? My wife and I are often hamstrung by the need to have an extra set of eyes, ears and hands around. Just one extra adult around makes a big difference for everyone. We try to link up with other climbing families but schedules are often conflicting. I have been a trad climber for 30+ years as well as a guide and instructor for decades. My wife has not climbed nearly as long but is absolutely competent and safe. We take a very laid back approach to climbing these days focusing on having fun not pushing limits. We do routes between 5.6 and 5.11 with a focus on 5.8 to 5.10.
My wife and I either have to take turns watching kids so the other can climb or climb with patient others. Our kids are 14,11 & 7 and nearly self sufficient, but.....shit happens. Anyway drop an e-note if you would like to find out more. phil & julia

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Boulder area gal looking for some peeps"
in the Colorado Partners