Mountain Project Logo

DRAWS STOLEN OFF RIM JOB - Castlewood

Original Post
Chris Cavallaro · · Lone Tree, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 151

Some A-HOLE stole my friends' draws off of Rim Job in Castlewood Canyon. The funny thing is, they left the draws on the climb Bones immediately next to it. WHAT THE F*&! They took the three draws that look similar (two on rim job upper, and one from the first bolt). These climbs share the first few bolts. I mean, why would someone take only these draws and leave a few? I had recently put in some chain anchors on rim job, so this obviously facilitated their theft.
We had to retreat on Saturday as a massive lightning storm overtook us, and had to leave these draws. We go back today and they are gone.

John J. Glime · · Cottonwood Heights, UT · Joined Aug 2002 · Points: 1,160
Chris Cavallaro wrote: I wish someone the worst karma ever....
they automatically received bad karma as soon as they took them. but by you wishing them to have bad karma, unfortunately that is bad karma for you.

not trying to be a jerk, just saying.
Tom Hanson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 950

Chris,
That really sucks. No good deed goes unpunished.
I would like to catch the swine who stole your draws and push them off from the top of the rim.
Several years ago, I was toproping a line at The Wood. When I was finished, I went topside to clean my anchors and someone stole my large Camalot right off of the anchor I had set up. If I hadn't had the other equalized anchors, one of us might have died if we weighted the rope.
I am very sorry to hear about this. It is likely swine of the same mentality who "tagged" The Projects Wall a few years back.
I often wonder if it is climbers who steal the draws off of someones project. I would like to think that climbers recognize in-situ draws as something to be left there. If climbers took the draws, we can only hope that instant karma is going to get them.

Chris Cavallaro · · Lone Tree, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 151

John,
I retracted (edited) my post. Good point, although my post was in the heat of the moment.

I hope that bad karma comes full circle....

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "DRAWS STOLEN OFF RIM JOB - Castlewood"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started