Mountain Project Logo

New to Washington

Original Post
Nick Haha · · Choosing the path less trav… · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 365

I just moved to Washington state in Sumner with my fiancée for a 3 months contract. I’m planning on joining edgeworks climbing gym and will be looking for a partner for a few days a week to lead with. I’m also looking to get outside and climb as much as possible, I lead 5.7 trad and 5.9 sport. I’ve been climbing for 6+ years and leading trad for 3.  I’m a very attentive belayer and safety comes first.  My schedule is flexible 

Jacob Burningham · · Seattle · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 20

Nick, congrats on your engagement. 

Not sure how much I'll be getting out over the next 3 mos, but I'll DM you so you've got another name in the hat. 

Jacob Burningham wrote:

Nick, congrats on your engagement. 

Not sure how much I'll be getting out over the next 3 mos, but I'll DM you so you've got another name in the hat. 

Thanks for reaching out and I’d love to plan a outing with you.

Curt Haire · · leavenworth, wa · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 1

I'm in Leavenworth, climbing this area for 40+ years.  retired, so available most any schedule.  If you don't mind climbing with a crippled up old fart, shoot me a pm.

-Haireball

Liam Lastname · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2021 · Points: 0

Just DMd you.

Liam Lastname wrote:

Just DMd you.

I just messaged you back 

Curt Haire wrote:

I'm in Leavenworth, climbing this area for 40+ years.  retired, so available most any schedule.  If you don't mind climbing with a crippled up old fart, shoot me a pm.

-Haireball

PM’d you back

Curt Haire · · leavenworth, wa · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 1

Nick - got your message, sent a lengthy text to the phone# you offered.  If you didn't get it, let me know.

-Haireball

Curt Haire wrote:

Nick - got your message, sent a lengthy text to the phone# you offered.  If you didn't get it, let me know.

-Haireball

I didn’t receive any texts, but I just re sent you a message with my phone number again. 

Anna Janecek · · Seattle · Joined May 2016 · Points: 6

Hello! I just moved to Seattle and am looking for partners too. I am comfortable leading around 5.10s trad/sport, breaking into 11s, comfortable following or aiding anything harder, and don't mind climbing easy grades either! I give a safe belay. I'd be stoked to get outside this week if the weather is good (Vantage might be good), or meeting inside if the rain continues. Feel free to message me on here/text.

Anna

Anna Janecek wrote:

Hello! I just moved to Seattle and am looking for partners too. I am comfortable leading around 5.10s trad/sport, breaking into 11s, comfortable following or aiding anything harder, and don't mind climbing easy grades either! I give a safe belay. I'd be stoked to get outside this week if the weather is good (Vantage might be good), or meeting inside if the rain continues. Feel free to message me on here/text.

Anna

I emailed you

Reed Kelly · · Seattle · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

Hi Nick- There are three Edgeworks locations (Ballard, Bellevue, Tacoma). Which one do you plan on joining? You can use your pass at all locations. 

I'm at Edgeworks Bellevue and also down for Exit 32/38 climbing at same grades as you.

Reed Kelly wrote:

Hi Nick- There are three Edgeworks locations (Ballard, Bellevue, Tacoma). Which one do you plan on joining? You can use your pass at all locations. 

I'm at Edgeworks Bellevue and also down for Exit 32/38 climbing at same grades as you.

Messaged 

Benny Tolomeo · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 40

Hey Nick, I'm in a similar boat as you in that I'll be here for the summer. I've been climbing for 3+ years and it seems like we're pretty similar in climbing level. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for some climbing outside this summer!

Benny Tolomeo wrote:

Hey Nick, I'm in a similar boat as you in that I'll be here for the summer. I've been climbing for 3+ years and it seems like we're pretty similar in climbing level. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for some climbing outside this summer!

Messaged you 

Harrison Kuszmaul · · Sandia Park, NM · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 0

Hi Nick! I also just moved here for the summer and was looking for some partners to climb with. I’ve been climbing for three years now mostly in the Red River Gorge and New Mexico but would love hit up Exit 32 or other areas. 

EricCC · · Michigan · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

I'm gonna jump on this thread as well. I'll be in the area for the summer. More keen on longer trad, but open to crag days as well-not a huge boulderer. Lead Yosemite 11+ on a good day, but have been pretty lazy the last month. Happy to climb whatever though to get mileage in the area.

Harrison Kuszmaul wrote:

Hi Nick! I also just moved here for the summer and was looking for some partners to climb with. I’ve been climbing for three years now mostly in the Red River Gorge and New Mexico but would love hit up Exit 32 or other areas. 

Messaged 

Brock B. · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 211

I messaged a few of the folks in this thread, but if anyone is looking for a partner over Memorial Day weekend drop me a message. Generally leading 5.10 sport/trad right now and happy to folllow on harder. Down for anything.

Salém J · · Washington · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 5

Is there a group chat going? I’d love to hop in with some of you. 

Salém J wrote:

Is there a group chat going? I’d love to hop in with some of you. 

Seems like it 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "New to Washington"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started