Mountain Project Logo

This is NOT a partner finder forum!

Original Post
Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

Sheesh. Go to the partner forum for your area, or, for the regional forum if your area doesn't rate a separate partner finder.

Flagging myself to slap MP admins upside the head to fix this, before t lego burns off all their fingertip skin replying to "scroll down", lol!

H.

David Florez · · Monrovia · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Anyone trying to climb this weekend?

Teton Climber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 1

Partners forum is here

Josh Fengel · · Mariposa, CA · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 36

Heck, most folks I meet found their climbing partner on Tinder 

PWZ · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Why the hell do you care if people are looking for partners here?

Alex S · · Bishop CA · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 587

@pwz

since there is an entire section of the fourms for partners it bothers some of our OCDs when topics are misplaced.  The same as when people post partner searches in the regional Forum rather than the Partner Finder Regional forum

Strings Attached · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2021 · Points: 0

Beginners' mistake: Coming here

MP "Helping beginners get into the sport

Seems like anything should go from beginners as it relates to beginners, including posting here for partners. 

PWZ wrote:

Why the hell do you care if people are looking for partners here?

I don't care at all where anyone posts anything. But it's hard enough to find partners, and posting here that you've discovered climbing and wanna get out....but no place/timeframe mentioned?

Not much use.

Posting in a partner or regional forum might even net a kind soul to mentor an aspiring climber, same as it helps out all the rest of us who just want a reasonably warm body to swap belays.

Besides, this thread was in response to someone else replying "this isn't a partner forum" to a whole slew of beginners posting for partners.

The idea, was that perhaps an admin would tack on a notice, letting folks know to scroll down for the appropriate forums.

Best, H.

Stephen Prater · · Concord California · Joined Jan 2021 · Points: 0

lol

William Walker · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2021 · Points: 0
Old lady H wrote:

I don't care at all where anyone posts anything. But it's hard enough to find partners, and posting here that you've discovered climbing and wanna get out....but no place/timeframe mentioned?

Not much use.

Posting in a partner or regional forum might even net a kind soul to mentor an aspiring climber, same as it helps out all the rest of us who just want a reasonably warm body to swap belays.

Besides, this thread was in response to someone else replying "this isn't a partner forum" to a whole slew of beginners posting for partners.

The idea, was that perhaps an admin would tack on a notice, letting folks know to scroll down for the appropriate forums.

Best, H.

Thank you for at least trying to do something about it. As a new person here it was a little annoying to find a bunch of "seeking partner" posts in a section that is for beginners to post information, not find partners. This is the sort of thing that could dissuade new people from using the forum.  

William Walker wrote:

Thank you for at least trying to do something about it. As a new person here it was a little annoying to find a bunch of "seeking partner" posts in a section that is for beginners to post information, not find partners. This is the sort of thing that could dissuade new people from using the forum.  

Well, someone else was posting that this isnt the partner forum, all the time, lol!

The main thing, though, is that the person asking for partners won't get their post seen by people who can help. Partner or regional forum is much better. 

I'll flag this, and see if they might make a banner for it.

Best, Helen

Teton Climber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 1
Old lady H wrote:

Well, someone else was posting that this isnt the partner forum, all the time, lol!

The main thing, though, is that the person asking for partners won't get their post seen by people who can help. Partner or regional forum is much better. 

I'll flag this, and see if they might make a banner for it.

Best, Helen

Helen,

Just saying, the women's forum is chocka-fulla of partner requests. Radio silence over there.

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Locker wrote:

Excellent question...

She explained that over several posts. Go back and read the thread.

Marc801 C wrote:

She explained that over several posts. Go back and read the thread.

Tha's okay....old lady spent 20 minutes hunting for her wallet this morning!   

Daniel C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2022 · Points: 0
Josh Fengel wrote:

Heck, most folks I meet found their climbing partner on Tinder 

Can confirm, I found one of my best ever partners there

Locker wrote:

uhhh

That doesn't change that it is an excellent question

You go back and read it... Once was enough for me...

Humph.

Get off my lawn, old man!

Locker wrote:

This made me smile! How old are we, that it needs no explanation??!? 

M M · · Maine · Joined Oct 2020 · Points: 2

Get a room people

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Beginning Climbers
Post a Reply to "This is NOT a partner finder forum!"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started