Mountain Project Logo

Tension Board climbing hold sizing info

Original Post
Jesse Dahir Kanehl · · West Salem · Joined Apr 2020 · Points: 0

I really like the idea of the Tension Board. I’d like to make a Short wall (10ft tall x 8ft wide).
I don’t have enough money to buy the holds from Tension, but I do have the skills to carve them from wood and I have free wood.
Anybody seen more details on the holds? I’m looking for more specifics on exact sizes of the holds and angles of cuts.

IJMayer · · Guemes Island, WA · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 350
Andrew Southworth · · MN · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 289
Jesse Dahir Kanehl wrote: I really like the idea of the Tension Board. I’d like to make a Short wall (10ft tall x 8ft wide).
I don’t have enough money to buy the holds from Tension, but I do have the skills to carve them from wood and I have free wood.
Anybody seen more details on the holds? I’m looking for more specifics on exact sizes of the holds and angles of cuts.

You may have seen this already and be looking for even more specifics, but if you go to their website under the individual holds all the dimensions are listed for each one.

Jesse Dahir Kanehl · · West Salem · Joined Apr 2020 · Points: 0
Andrew Southworth wrote:

You may have seen this already and be looking for even more specifics, but if you go to their website under the individual holds all the dimensions are listed for each one.

lol, been scouring their site and totally missed it. This is gold. Been using an online tool that takes a known measurement on a picture and allows you to measure any other line on that picture. Might be able to get some accurate measurements. Thanks guys!!!

Jeremiah White · · Colorado springs · Joined Feb 2021 · Points: 50

Hi Jesse, did you ever get this project rolling? I find myself in the same boat.

J M · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2023 · Points: 0
IJMayer wrote: tensionclimbing.com/individ…

Anyone else in this rabbit hole may find that this site is taken down atm, but we can still access it using internet archive: web.archive.org/web/2020120…*/ tensionclimbing.com/individ…

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Training Forum
Post a Reply to "Tension Board climbing hold sizing info"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started