Mountain Project Logo

WC Syncro Harness

Original Post
Marc-Olivier Chabot · · Gatineau, QC · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 440

Hi guys. I'm planning to work on my YouTube channel and make videos about gear. My goal is to talk about gear that deserve more recognition. I'm a store owner and I feel there is many products that felt under radar. I decided to started with the WC Synchro Harness. My English is obviously my main challenge especially the speaking. I'll work to improve it. I'm sorry for your hears. 

So here is my first of a series. 

https://youtu.be/kJAWw7HySy8

I know it's not perfect. If you have idea, recommendation. I'm open. I'm also willing to know your thoughts about gear that deserve more recognition. I'm always looking to explore more products. 

Heywood L · · FL · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Awesome! I look forward to seeing more gear reviews in the future.

I liked the part where you compared and demonstrated the old vs new harness, using the old harness when clipping carabiners to both gear loops. Maybe in the future do more of those demonstrations using other gear that’s under the radar vs more popular gear and show why it’s better.

As far as gear recommendations: Metolius Monster 6mm accessory cord. I know it seems like a lot people use dyneema slings now a days for anchor building,  But wow Monster cord has a nicer feel than any other cord I have tried in 6mm by far. Now I don’t want to use anything else for a cordalette after using it. 

Thank you for your feedback and the recommendation. 

Kevin Mokracek · · Burbank · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 342

I have been using the Syncro this season and have a few complaints about an otherwise great harness.  My main complaint are the gear loops, the plastic front loops flop around way to much and would prefer them to be stiffer and the connection points where the gear loop is sewn or connected to the harness seem weak and don't seem up to handling much abuse.  The other gear loops are too small and not well thought out when compared to say the BD Big Gun, I have the Big Gun and it carries more gear and it feels better distributed.  My other complain is that I wish it had a double belay loop, not a deal breaker by any means but it really comes in handy on a big. wall or multi pitch route.  Other than those points it is a very comfortable harness and is relatively lightweight.   I have mainly used it for multi pitch sport routes, if I am doing longer trad routes I switch to the BD Big Gun.

Thank you Kevin for the feedback. The Big Gun is optimized for aid and Big Wall. Bigger gear loop, double belay loop and hammer holder. I feel the Syncro more like a traditional harness with the usual feature but optimized for trad and multi pitches routes. For someone that doesn't do aid or a lot of big wall, the Big Gun seem overkill. Are might wrong? 

Kevin Mokracek · · Burbank · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 342
Marc-Olivier Chabot wrote:

Thank you Kevin for the feedback. The Big Gun is optimized for aid and Big Wall. Bigger gear loop, double belay loop and hammer holder. I feel the Syncro more like a traditional harness with the usual feature but optimized for trad and multi pitches routes. For someone that doesn't do aid or a lot of big wall, the Big Gun seem overkill. Are might wrong? 

The Big Gun is my main big wall harness but I also use it from time to time on longer trad routes and putting up new routes when I’ll be spending a lot of time hanging.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Reviews
Post a Reply to "WC Syncro Harness"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started