Mountain Project Logo

quoting multiple posts in one reply

Original Post
J C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 477

How do you quote multiple posts to reply in a single post? How do you break up a single quote into multiple quote boxes, for instance in replying to a list of questions?

Marc H · · Longmont, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 265

Kevin DeWeese · · @failfalling - Oakland, Ca · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 981

Take any post you want to quote (you'll probably start with the quote link on the post) and then you can utilize the quote button shown in the post above this. Any time you press return/enter while inside a quoted section of text it will take the cursor outside of the quotation bubble so you'll normally need to unquote everything, make the edits and separations you want, and then requote the text. It'll look like this:

J C wrote:

How do you quote multiple posts to reply in a single post? How do you break up a single quote into multiple quote boxes, for instance in replying to a list of questions?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• To separate this, I'll highlight everything and click the decrease option under the quote button which will leave things like follows:

J C wrote:

• Next I'll copy paste the "J C Wrote:" part and then turn them into two lines to quote 

J C wrote:

How do you quote multiple posts to reply in a single post? 

J C wrote:

How do you break up a single quote into multiple quote boxes, for instance in replying to a list of questions?

• Now I'll bold the "J C Wrote" text and then highlight each set of lines separately and increase quote using the quote button. 

J C wrote:

How do you quote multiple posts to reply in a single post?

J C wrote:

How do you break up a single quote into multiple quote boxes, for instance in replying to a list of questions?

• To respond to each, I'll put the cursor on the last part of the quoted text and type return/enter

Unquote everything and then requote each separate question. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Help
Post a Reply to "quoting multiple posts in one reply"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started