Mountain Project Logo

Boston area climbing partner

Original Post
Tom Patton · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2021 · Points: 0

G'day,

I have moved to Boston a few months ago from Australia and am looking for a regular climbing partner/s in the area. I'm an experienced climber - been climbing for almost 10 years, with a lot of trad climbing experience (lots of trips to Mt Arapiles and the Grampians!) I used to climb pretty comfortably around Aus 20/21 (5.10c/d) but I've lost a lot of fitness recently - no endurance left! But looking to get back into it with either indoor gym climbing or outdoor trips - would be great to get out and do some multipitch adventure trad!

I have a fair bit of flexibility with timing, can do mid-week trips at the moment or happy to do weekends and weekday evenings at the gym. Would be great to meet someone in a similar position - experienced but lacking fitness/partner. But totally happy to head out with anyone who's keen.

My number is 857 316 8775. Send me a text or a reply here and we'll see if we can get out for a climb!

Tom

Alec S · · Medford, MA · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 5

Hi Tom,

I'm in a surprisingly similar situation. I moved to the Boston area (Somerville/Medford) about a year ago, and in addition to obvious reasons a new baby has kept me mostly off the rocks/walls. But I've started again recently and would be up for starting with some gym leading at Brooklyn Boulders or possibly other nearby gyms if convenient. Usually 8-10 ish evenings are free for me. Let me know if that's a good starting point. 

Alec Sexton

Tom Patton · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2021 · Points: 0

Hi Alec sounds great, would be keen to get to the gym and do some leading. Why don't you send me a text message and we can sort out a time to meet up?

Colin Smith · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 0

If you’re ever headed to the gunks, I’d be happy to climb with you! Welcome to the States.

Josh Rappoport · · Natick, MA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 31

We have a WhatsApp group for local Boston area climbers (gym and outdoor), plus there are several regular events via MeetUp (assume you are familiar with the platform)

If you want to be added to the WhatsApp group feel free to send me your name and number

I was living in Somerville and climbing regularly at BkB until recently - moved to the Western burbs and welcomed new baby!

If anyone wants to meet for a bit of trad/TR at College Rock, Rattlesnake...LMK

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Boston area climbing partner"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started