Mountain Project Logo

BeastMaker 1000 vs (Knock Off) Yes4All Hangboard

Original Post
Danger-Russ Gordon · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 590

So I came across this much cheaper knock off of the Beast Maker 1000 on Amazon, and I was curious if anyone had any experience with it?

Yes4All Knock Off Link

Original BeastMaker 1000 for comparison

They seem virtually identical to my untrained eye, but a first-hand comparison or testimonial would be most helpful.

Nate A · · SW WA · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

In general I recommend against buying cheap knock offs of legitimate products; it’s better to support designers and creators. On the other hand $170 seems pretty unreasonable for that hangboard.

Yeah, 170 is just not something I can justify, but I could really use a wood hang board, maybe I'll try to pick up a beast maker second hand or something

Austin Donisan · · San Mateo, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 660

The edges on the Yes4All all seem way less rounded and less comfortable than the BeastMaker. I haven't been on the real BeastMaker since March though so I'm not totally sure, maybe my fingers forgot how to hangboard.

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

If I was going to buy a hangboard tbh I'd go with a triple edge lattice rung, the radius and size is just perfect. 

JaredG · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 17
Danger-Russ Gordon wrote:

Yeah, 170 is just not something I can justify, but I could really use a wood hang board, maybe I'll try to pick up a beast maker second hand or something

It's a lot cheaper if you just buy directly from Beastmaker:

https://www.beastmaker.co.uk/collections/fingerboards/products/beastmaker-1000-series

(Now that Amazon is approaching monopoly status on home-delivered goods, they almost never have the best prices because they don't have to.)

Cairn War Machine · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 6

Sooooo.... It's an Un-sanded and basically unfinished hangboard? 

Austin Donisan · · San Mateo, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 660
Cairn War Machine wrote:

Sooooo.... It's an Un-sanded and basically unfinished hangboard? 

It's definitely sanded and finished, just with a very small radius on the edges.

reboot · · . · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 125

Besides whether the edge radius issue, the knock-off is composed of multiple glued pieces vs a solid block of wood. But hell, it's just a training tool so who cares as long as it gets your fingers strong. You can get the real deal for $120 (might have just missed any labor day sale) and there is the tension simple board which has less grip positions but may actually be superior.

Lena chita · · OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 1,667

This may not be what you asked, but if you are looking for a wooden hangboard, I’d go for Tension simple board. Pick the edges you’d like, the price is similar to the knock-off board you are considering, but the quality is what you’d expect from Tension, and these guys know their wooden holds! and it is offset, so no matter which holds you are using, your hands wouldn’t be either too far, or too close. 

thanks for the context and suggestions guys, it's super helpful!

Auden Alsop · · Berkeley · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 401

Love me a beastmaker, if you go for that model then don’t cheap out and buy a knockoff. For £90 the real thing is worth it.

Dan B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

thirding the reccommendation for the tension simple board. i have the 20/15mm version and love it. super comfy.

edit to add: i like it for hanging with weights. if i didn't have a set of weights at home, id probably get the grindstone since you get more edge depths, even though it's a little more expensive.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Training Forum
Post a Reply to "BeastMaker 1000 vs (Knock Off) Yes4All Hangboard"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started